Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Every other subsection has this thread, this section deserves its own thread too.

Share your newly registered new gTLD domains.

Our count so far: 0 :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
10659438_10152738312190513_5755680563441940567_n.jpg

•••
I checked the single letter ones when they were posted but 101 said they weren't available. Looks like an issue, not sure. Did your single letter regs go through?

I didn't think any one letter had been approved yet for gTLD's, confused now...

I noticed a couple one letter gTLDs at GoDaddy, let me see if I can go reg one..

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy, within the suggested results are giving some single letter gTLDs but when you back out and search the extension it's not available.

It appears some of the sites, systems are not keeping up and giving false information.

I hope everyone gets their one letter.ooo but I'd be surprised. I hope I'm wrong but....

•••
GoDaddy, within the suggested results are giving some single letter gTLDs but when you back out and search the extension it's not available.

It appears some of the sites, systems are not keeping up and giving false information.

I hope eveyone gets their one letter.ooo but I'd be surprised. I hope I'm wrong but....

As I said, mine are showing in my account and I have the payment confirmation.

I guess either Dynadot or the registry will have to front up to avoid yet another scandal if it's all going pear shaped.

Normally, if you "register" a name and something is wrong it does not show in your account?

•••

I hope everyone gets their one letter.ooo but I'd be surprised. I hope I'm wrong but....

Goddady's suggestions is awful, you can sometimes find domains that have been registered years ago.

•••
Normally, if you "register" a name and something is wrong it does not show in your account?

I don't use them but I would be concerned if it wasn't showing in Whois by now. Something seems odd but I do hope it works out for you.

I still don't think gTLDs have been approved to go live with 1, 2 letters yet but maybe someone that knows more than me can chime in. I know it's in the works but that's all I've read..

•••
I don't use them but I would be concerned if it wasn't showing in Whois by now. Something seems odd but I do hope it works out for you.

I still don't think gTLDs have been approved to go live with 1, 2 letters yet but maybe someone that knows more than me can chime in. I know it's in the works but that's all I've read..

Not just me. I think quite a lot of people are in the same position.

But it certainly does not smell right.

•••

2 letters not available yet that's correct. Think 1 letter is allowed however most often with a big price tag or reserved by the registers as many other fine domains :rolleyes:

•••
i have all gtld pm me if you want to register.! 15$ per domain!

•••
Now I am beginning to wonder what is going on. It appears that none of the .ooo names registered via Dynadot have been activated, is that correct?

Now we are seeing stupid reg fees being asked for .ooo names $1.2 million etc.

App.ooo is $ 18,000 didn't bother to check any more.

A stink about to blow up?
None of the single letter .OOO or any of the triple repeats e.g. YYY.OOO appear to be activated. However, a four letter .OOO mentioned in this thread and registered at Dynadot is showing the registrant's actual details in the whois and is resolving to a parked page.

I contacted Dynadot by live chat yesterday. They said they are working with the registry to get the domains initiated as soon as possible but couldn't give a timeframe.

•••
None of the single letter .OOO or any of the triple repeats e.g. YYY.OOO appear to be activated. However, a four letter .OOO mentioned in this thread and registered at Dynadot is showing the registrant's actual details in the whois and is resolving to a parked page.

I contacted Dynadot by live chat yesterday. They said they are working with the registry to get the domains initiated as soon as possible but couldn't give a timeframe.

They have not replied to email from 23rd when I registered.

Did you consider they were really saying what they said they were saying, if you know what I mean?

•••
•••

Did you consider they were really saying what they said they were saying, if you know what I mean?
Sure. They didn't promise anything. But Dynadot is at least showing in the whois and the domain is in my control panel.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I found:
Dynadot, LLC(27 domains)0.09%

•••

These domains are listed on the "List of SLDs to Block" link on the ICANN website:https://www.icann.org/resources/agreement/ooo-2014-01-09-en

The actual link to the list is:https://www.icann.org/sites/default/files/tlds/ooo/ooo-apd-list-12nov13-en.csv

The OOO central registry hasn't made it clear what will happen with the domains, but currently, you won't be able to modify or delete these domains.

For other TLDs, domains on their own ICANN block list are 'modifiable' and resolve on the internet within 90 days. The OOO central registry hasn't confirmed that the same will happen for their TLD. We will continue to work with them to resolve the issue and initialize these domains as soon as we possibly can.

•••
rap.ooo

Great for a rap music site or DJ site. I can see the logo if it's a DJ site with the three OOO's as turntables. :)

Attachments

• imagesCAC6L1IC.jpg
    imagesCAC6L1IC.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 92
•••

It looks like it will be down to the .ooo registry.

As pointed out by Dynadot all the other registries have honoured registered "blocked" domains as the lists are modifiable.

Let's see how honourable the .ooo registry are!

•••
It looks like it will be down to the .ooo registry.

As pointed out by Dynadot all the other registries have honoured registered "blocked" domains as the lists are modifiable.

Let's see how honourable the .ooo registry are!

Hope it goes good wot, keep us posted. I was wrong above, single letters are available as I just regged s* cheap. Seems to be a good one letter catch since it can be used for many things starting with the letter S.

I did some research and S has the 3rd. most words according to Google. See attachment. :)

Attachments

• top 3.GIF
    top 3.GIF
    19.5 KB · Views: 96
•••
I don't think dynadot is the only registrar having issues with infibeam. I have a couple .ooo domains in Marcaria and a few in 101domain. All have my contact information in the whois but Marcaria cannot update the nameservers. Everything is working okay with 101domain.

•••

Can i ask do you own s.ooo or not , what's happening i wonder ?

•••
Can i ask do you own s.ooo or not , what's happening i wonder ?

It's been in my account since I "registered" it 1 week ago. Dynadot whois and cannot manage the name.

I guess the .ooo registry are playing up.

More than 100 domains involved according to what Dynadot told me.

•••
•••
It's been in my account since I "registered" it 1 week ago. Dynadot whois and cannot manage the name.

I guess the .ooo registry are playing up.

More than 100 domains involved according to what Dynadot told me.

Was your 1 letter .ooo at normal reg fee or higher? I've seen no 1 letter gtlds at normal reg fee...

•••
I am writing an ebook and one of the characters runs a blog, i have given it a .nyc address, i am doing my part !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back