NameSilo

What Makes NamePros tick?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am sure I am not alone, but NP does seem like a wonderful place for domainers -I see quite a few newbees join here and learn tricks of the trade in a short order, and I also see many old geezers - seasoned domainers -frequent this pace on a regular basis

Sure, there are those, especially at some other fora, that try to write it off as Nick Jr. for Domainers. However, after hanging out at all the three fora for months now, I still can't put my finger on what makes this place tick. It is really fascinating to see this litttle fora grow at such an impressive pace!

As I see it, what makes this a better pizza is:
  • It's Free to Join
  • It's Free to Buy a Domain
  • It's Free to Sell a Domain
  • Better mix of ingradients -i.e. a good crosssection of mebmership (not just teenager, nor just geezers)
  • Active and helpful Admins/Mods that don't act like rabid hyenas (personally, I got no bite marks to worry about, but I was saddened to see a couple of nice folks roughed up over there in those rough neighbourhoods)
  • A growing and helpful community
  • It has somehow managed to keep the hostility down
  • Admins/Mods are continuing to add new Free Services.

I am sure other fora have their strengths and weaknesses, and this post is in not meant to berate any other places. This ain't an excercise in arse kissing either.

I am just fascinated to see this fora grow out of it's training wheels, and start climbing at such a phenominal rate. The key to continued sucess is in figuring out what works, and then help building up on it.

May be it's the Sauce! :)

What say you?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Worthy write SlashRoot!

NP founders have layed down "good seeds" for the ground floor.. it can only grow!

•••
•••
Thanks Scott,

I posted you a note there. ;) :notme:

•••
Thanks SlashRoot.Com ( I wasn't too pushy...was I?) :hehe:

ST

•••
Nah, just having some fun.. :)

•••
"For a community to be whole and healthy, it must be based on people's love and concern for each other."
-Millard Fuller

Thank you for your very kind words, Shri.
-Jeff
B-)

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back