IT.COM

poll What mail you use for outbound marketing @companyname or @gmail

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

what mail you use for outbound marketing @companyname or @gmail

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • @gmail,hotmail etc

vote
    7.1%
  • @company name

votes
    92.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
what mail you use for outbound marketing @companyname or @gmail

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hear using your own domain email is best to send outbounds as Gmail a free service tends to get caught in spam filter.

•••
Even lower down the email food chain is a free Hotmail account. I do know that many people regard this as a very low-end email address to conduct business with.

•••
@company name. Much more authoritative and gives good impression.

•••
•••
To take this a bit further, what do you think is a good format for a sales name. I think as a domainer, you need a .com, anything else reduces credibility. You also need to have a name that piques the buyer's interest, and I wonder if it is essential to have "name" or "domain" in the keyphrase. If you don't, then you need to put effort into branding - go daddy is one example.

•••
The absolute best email to get the most responses in my experience has been from the domain itself. [email protected]

•••
The absolute best email to get the most responses in my experience has been from the domain itself. [email protected]

That's hectic work to do so by creating every new email ID on each domain you're doing outbound. Better to have at @companyname.com which is more authoritative and convenient IMO.

•••
That's hectic work to do so by creating every new email ID on each domain you're doing outbound. Better to have at @companyname.com which is more authoritative and convenient IMO.
If you are using your own hosting, you should be able to pick this up and redirect it all to your main address. You will have to use a mail handler to spoof the address in the outbound mail though.

•••
Back