IT.COM

.mobi What is your take on the Sedo .Mobi Auction Successful, Unsuccessful?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Was this above or below your expectations?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
advaita said:
Why were the 5500 'premium names' reserved in the first place ? Surely it's just a way of selling them for thousands instead of selling them for $20 and letting domainers ell them for thousands ? Why not sell them to genuine companies for $20 ?

well, if i/we bought half of them, some would resell (leads to delay to enduser, possibly never) or park for ppc (same) and a lot of them would not get developed. My take is the hold back = ensuring the names get to endusers with dev restrictions + ensuring money goes to mTLD for promotion and marketing +/- profits taken by the mTLD as a private corporation. The equation is legit. How it is balanced at present seems legit. How it will be in the future, I predict that it will be legit. Don't forget mTLD inherently wants mobi to soar as well. think of the level of return with regard to highter reg renewals.

•••
Now with the T.r.a.f.f.i.c. auction results in...the across the board prices look very good...no uneveness between the two...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back