THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

what is / are your shortest domain/s?
Share it / them here!

All the best with your invest,
kingof.top

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I hope this is considered on topic for thread, but I thought it would be fun to find the lowest and highest prices in Namebio database for a single letter domain name with a 2 letter extension.

The lowest I could find was p(,)de that sold for $174 back in 2008 https://namebio.com/p.de

The highest was o(.)co that went for $350,000 back in 2010. https://namebio.com/o.co Clearly z(.)com went for way more, but by my definition of shortest is not the shortest.

•••
Bioe .co
Bioe .xyz

Then Hoteg .com

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes, ".cat" stands officially for "Català" (Catalonia) but it's obviously also simply "cat" (the animal).

You can keep telling yourself that the same as everyone who says .co is the short form for .com.

.co will always be columbia and .cat will always be Catalonia.

That is why I don't buy any io domains either.

I might buy the extensions as a novelty site but I will not base MY business address on an extension controlled by another country. If Columbia ever feels Trump is imposing a tariff then maybe they will take back all their lovely .co domains. Hmmmm.... it could happen!!

So yes, keep telling yourself you own a lovely little kitty cat but reality is you own an extension based in a country where technically you have little to no control if they decide they want it back.

We have a prime example of that with Britain leaving the European Union, the debate is should they still be allowed to use .eu domains. Hopefully they will but there is always a chance that the party that owns the extension enforces some kind of a new rule.

For me, I will stay in the safety of what I know. I don't say you are wrong either when buying yours but I do feel the need to remind you that it definitely does not stand for cat and never will.

•••
You can keep telling yourself that the same as everyone who says .co is the short form for .com.

I might buy the extensions as a novelty site but I will not base MY business address on an extension controlled by another country. If Columbia ever feels Trump is imposing a tariff then maybe they will take back all their lovely .co domains. Hmmmm.... it could happen!!

So yes, keep telling yourself you own a lovely little kitty cat but reality is you own an extension based in a country where technically you have little to no control if they decide they want it back.

We have a prime example of that with Britain leaving the European Union, the debate is should they still be allowed to use .eu domains. Hopefully they will but there is always a chance that the party that owns the extension enforces some kind of a new rule.

For me, I will stay in the safety of what I know. I don't say you are wrong either when buying yours but I do feel the need to remind you that it definitely does not stand for cat and never will.
As I already wrote, I am (fully) aware of the fact that the TLD .cat officiallyyy stands for "Català" but the term "cat" is and will always be the animal 🐱
This has nothing to do with "self - suggestion".

I am not offering it as a "cat" (animal) - TLD, I am simply offering it with the information about "cat" (animal).
I even created a catalàn version of it's offerpage, so it's obviouslyyy not ignoring it's "catalàn origin" ;)

You already gave some good contextual TLD - examples, another one is the TLD .tv which is primarilyyy used in the sense if it would stand for nothing other than "TeleVision".

I understand your point but at the end it's normal (becasue it's often the case) that words (or even abbreviations like in this case) have more than only one meaning and for me the "stronger" meaning is "the one which comes first in your mind" and in this case it's clearly the cat (animal) - although I knowww that the TLD .cat will always stand for "Català" - but this makes it not less valuable.

At the end it's only the buyer who will decide for what he will purchase / use it, maybe he will use it for catalàn cats yeahhh

Last edited:
•••

There is no safety in domaining. Anything can happen and you or me can loose the domains within seconds.

•••
From a post by @jmcc , it would seem this has already been decided. People in the UK won't be able to register .eu names:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/330k-eu-doms-to-be-cancelled-as-uk-pulls-out-of-eu.1073285/

It's no skin off my nose.. I've never been a fan of .eu anyway :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
There is no safety in domaining. Anything can happen and you or me can loose the domains within seconds.

Agreed but you increase your odds of that happening when you register a domain based in columbia. One wrong move and they get into the trump cross hairs. Millions of businesses using .co domains and some crazy guy there flips the switch to get back at the Trump administration. I understand there are always risks but pretend a new startup relies on the .co domain. I'm not sure I would risk my business motto on that.

•••
.co will always be Colombia :xf.wink:
I am otherwise in agreement, I have never been a fan of repurposed extensions. Some countries are not stable enough to warrant using their ccTLD.

•••
HeHe, I'm busted by my spelling

•••
HeHe, I'm busted by my spelling

I used to date a girl in Columbia, but South Carolinians doesn't seems know much about .co extension :xf.wink:

•••
True, like the life itself.
But of course you always can / should defend your domain/s / life if needed.

Last edited:
•••
.co will always be Colombia :xf.wink:
I am otherwise in agreement, I have never been a fan of repurposed extensions. Some countries are not stable enough to warrant using their ccTLD.
I assume to know what you want to point out - but ".cat" isn't a ccTLD, it's a sTLD and therefore it's not really depending on political circumstances.

Last edited:
•••
Orange uses dot gjë domain Georgia has many limitations. Google uses gl. There are probably hundreds of dot ly domains and Libya is very unstable

•••
Google uses gl

Not any more :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

Picture0009.png

•••
•••
With so many extensions even the domainers may be lost. Honestly, when I saw top.cat mentioned, I initially asked myself whether Icann started to approve animal-related ngtlds or is it Catalonia in Spain that I once visited, thanks @DOMAIN ILLUMINATI for confirming. Dot cat is not that bad imho if used in non-EU markets, simply because not all endusers are aware that Catalonia exists or has its own gtld, and confusion/mistypes are less likely in .cat case (vs .co case). Especially if the owner of something.cat also owns something+cat in .com...

As a domainer, I really like both Colombian .co and also .la (Laos?), never owned a single domain in either extension, but had a number of sales of matching .coms to those who initially elected to brand their Los Angeles based business as .la OR their company as .co :)
I used to date a girl in Columbia, but South Carolinians doesn't seems know much about .co extension
Columbia/Colombia. If you visit Spanish-speaking country of Colombia, you will like it. And the girls :). People in this country are well aware of .com.co and .co and use these extensions locally. They are not necessary aware that their country code is used to promote "company", I asked myself and it is what I learned.

Last edited:
•••
進智.com - my personal website

if only Latin alphabet: tram.hk - looking to sell it at a high price in Hong Kong market

consistently looking for shorter single English word domains though

•••
One of our Shortest Domains ...

88.移动

Last edited:
•••
3 new short ones, I have:

i.wales
e.wales
4.wales

•••
dry . one
esc . one
eng . one

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back