Domain Empire

What is your favorite new gtld extension ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
my favorites are :

technology
company
today
immobilien

or other words, where do you see the biggest potential ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't like any of them....most of them are way too long....

•••
.sheep
.LivingInMommiesBasementForever

•••
there will be seen sales soon over $1000 and more, so why to be so negative ?

I don't care what so ever the extension is when the business is done on the end or when you can register keyword DN you can be with it on 1 page on SE within a short period.

•••
there will be seen sales soon over $1000 and more, so why to be so negative ?

I don't care what so ever the extension is when the business is done on the end or when you can register keyword DN you can be with it on 1 page on SE within a short period.

There will soon be another powerball and megamillions winner too.

Save your money and buy good dot coms, even thats a long shot but at least it has better odds.

•••
•••
.web
.shop
.sex ;)

these are just pre registered mode now ?

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

There will soon be another powerball and megamillions winner too.

Save your money and buy good dot coms, even thats a long shot but at least it has better odds.

I see your point , but safe could be too long when it could be even more safe to cash in by these extensions too, in shorter period.
I am talking about keywords fitting DNs.

example: Berlin.immobilien etc. - unfortunately not mine ,-)

•••
.domains (well pre-release now but available next month) :)

•••
doubt I'll buy any of them, if I had to buy one probably be .Web

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

.sheep
.LivingInMommiesBasementForever

you forgot...

.LotteryTicket
.PipeDream

:hehe:

•••
•••
i like .technology because it is ongoing, it makes me laugh 'oh but it's too long' ….. so they would not want technology.com or realestate.com, both long names as well. I think if there is a www. in front of it people will start to understand the changes ..imo

•••
I know this is going to be a cliche response but I don't like any of them for reselling. If a company wants to buy one they will have many choices. These new gtlds are going to take lots of marketing dollars to make the average joe understand that they want him to go to example.technology instead of exampletechnology.com. In my opinion, the more extensions that are added, the more .com will be solidified in its dominance. Not because it is better, but because of overwhelming network effects. Just my two cents.

•••
I know this is going to be a cliche response but I don't like any of them for reselling. If a company wants to buy one they will have many choices. These new gtlds are going to take lots of marketing dollars to make the average joe understand that they want him to go to example.technology instead of exampletechnology.com. In my opinion, the more extensions that are added, the more .com will be solidified in its dominance. Not because it is better, but because of overwhelming network effects. Just my two cents.

these things are designed for domain speculators, rarely will a legit company looking for a site to use in TV ads, brochures etc buy anything other than a dot com (here is the usa at least).

•••
i think there will be a curiosity factor and if there is a www. at the beginning people will in fact look, yes it will some time but the www. is what will help, Domainers cant expect to make a fortune on everything

•••
these things are designed for domain speculators, rarely will a legit company looking for a site to use in TV ads, brochures etc buy anything other than a dot com (here is the usa at least).

I think you have too look at business needs to come to that conclusion. Not all businesses relay or care about traffic. Company owners i spoke to who have invested in these new extensions are moving to them because they got better names than their dot coms. What they told me was most customers who go to their site are directed there via their marketing and business cards etc so all they have to do it change the web address. Now they said it is easier for them to tell people to go to the main key word in their industry and not have to say good to XYZSolutiontech.com anymore etc. They will be redirecting thier .com to the new extension.

I think the roll out was poorly marketed and for that reason the general public who would want to get a name simply don't know the option is available yet.

•••
Word of warning, if you go to enom and see a premium word is it most probably reserved, examples would be green.guru, home.land or motor.bike, they have been appearing as available in my searches by when i check at other registras and the whois they are reserved names, if it is too good to be true …avoid or at least check at another registra first before ordering at enom

•••
I think you have too look at business needs to come to that conclusion. Not all businesses relay or care about traffic. Company owners i spoke to who have invested in these new extensions are moving to them because they got better names than their dot coms. What they told me was most customers who go to their site are directed there via their marketing and business cards etc so all they have to do it change the web address. Now they said it is easier for them to tell people to go to the main key word in their industry and not have to say good to XYZSolutiontech.com anymore etc. They will be redirecting thier .com to the new extension.

I think the roll out was poorly marketed and for that reason the general public who would want to get a name simply don't know the option is available yet.

Did you just make all that up? Businesses don't care about traffic? Usually more traffic means more sales, if it's targetted. What is your business exactly, do you walk into stores talking to businesses, online, email, what? They have a .com already and they said, nah, let me forward it to a new extension and they can say go to my main keyword? And they're all ok with changing their business cards and other offline marketing, which cost money and adds to confusion? Which company owners did you talk to and in what capacity? Can you give any specific examples? I just don't buy 1 thing you posted.

Last edited:
•••
I like dot TODAY.
I bought BODYCARE.TODAY

•••
•••
my favorites are :

technology
company
today
immobilien

or other words, where do you see the biggest potential ?

I see the biggest potential in keeping your cash in your wallet. That way you won't be flushing your cash down the toilet....IMO

•••
I see you like the .guru gtld, htmlindex :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Did you just make all that up? Businesses don't care about traffic? Usually more traffic means more sales, if it's targetted. What is your business exactly, do you walk into stores talking to businesses, online, email, what? They have a .com already and they said, nah, let me forward it to a new extension and they can say go to my main keyword? And they're all ok with changing their business cards and other offline marketing, which cost money and adds to confusion? Which company owners did you talk to and in what capacity? Can you give any specific examples? I just don't buy 1 thing you posted.

blah blah blah fight fight fight gtlds suck this and that, this is getting old real fast.

I couldn't give a flying goose and i don't need to explain squat.

All I was saying was that these new gtld's suit some companies needs just fine.

Last edited:
•••
nm

Last edited:
•••
.CEO is the most ridiculous. Since laughter is life's best feature, .CEO is therefore my favorite.

.WEB is the most promising overall.

The rest are in between.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back