IT.COM

advice What is your best domain sales venue (Marketplace)?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameFather

NamePard.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,

Could you share your best domain sales venues (marketplaces), also their "+"s and "-"s?

No ad, no propaganda, etc please.

(for me, SquadHelp)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Was Sedo until end of 2019 , begin of 2020 but i think because they forced do to covid19 restrictions the employees need to work from home , i dont make any sales until yesterday

From begin of 2020 for me was Uniregistry , they have a great brokering team

•••
Looking at the Reported Sales thread, it appears Afternic is a viable marketplace for many people here

•••
Dan / Juicemarket(before it went DEAD)

•••
As of August 2022 GoDaddy acquired dan.com, a Euro company. dan.com has the best marketing features, bar none. Thats why GoDaddy bought them. GoDaddy has NO marketing. They use Afternic which is big, but also has NO marketing platforms. Afternic is now in the process of integrating with dan.com.
dan.com charges a 9% fee when sold.
I'm sure after integration the Afternic option will come at a higher fee.
There a number of self domain marketers that try to compete in this market but I have not seen one that is any good, especially compared to dan.com. Their motive is to avoid a selling commission. I prefer to spend my time developing great domains instead of web maintenance.

•••
Afternic has proven to be the best thus far for me in terms of results, after almost a year of experimenting with Dan, Sedo, and Afternic as options.

Advantages:
-- Extensive world-wide exposure.
-- Reasonably fast payouts (for me within days)
-- Excellent telephone support 24/7
Disadvantages:
-- 20% commission is a bit high
-- inability to see if anyone is actually seeing your listings if you don't use their landers
-- Cannot list a domain expiring within 30 days on the Afternic Fast Transfer.

Dan positives include: landers that permit descriptions, low commissions, realistic stats on actual views, ability to accept crypto, options for installments, and very quick payment (according to other members). They do not have prohibition for domains within 30d of expiration. The email customer support is fast. One downside was the lack of name recognition to the general public, before the GoDaddy brand added now may be helpful. My downside has been the lack of sales on this platform. I had one domain parked at DAN with a BuyNow price that was much lower than the price offered on Afternic. The domain sold instead on Afternic at the significantly higher price.

Sedo positives include allowing the descriptions, providing parking stats, and having a very nice domain searching interface for potential buyers. They also do have the option of switching to a domain auction if you receive a bid. However, the domain auction that the bid goes to seems to have little activity. I had one lower-priced sale with them, with no price change with the auction.

Don't be afraide to experiment with the different options out there, and see what works best for you.

•••
Afternic has proven to be the best thus far for me in terms of results, after almost a year of experimenting with Dan, Sedo, and Afternic as options.

Advantages:
-- Extensive world-wide exposure.
-- Reasonably fast payouts (for me within days)
-- Excellent telephone support 24/7
Disadvantages:
-- 20% commission is a bit high
-- inability to see if anyone is actually seeing your listings if you don't use their landers
-- Cannot list a domain expiring within 30 days on the Afternic Fast Transfer.

Dan positives include: landers that permit descriptions, low commissions, realistic stats on actual views, ability to accept crypto, options for installments, and very quick payment (according to other members). They do not have prohibition for domains within 30d of expiration. The email customer support is fast. One downside was the lack of name recognition to the general public, before the GoDaddy brand added now may be helpful. My downside has been the lack of sales on this platform. I had one domain parked at DAN with a BuyNow price that was much lower than the price offered on Afternic. The domain sold instead on Afternic at the significantly higher price.

Sedo positives include allowing the descriptions, providing parking stats, and having a very nice domain searching interface for potential buyers. They also do have the option of switching to a domain auction if you receive a bid. However, the domain auction that the bid goes to seems to have little activity. I had one lower-priced sale with them, with no price change with the auction.

Don't be afraide to experiment with the different options out there, and see what works best for you.
Your making good points. But today we are dealing with a new GoDaddy & Dan combo. The biggest marketing point that no one has mentioned is, that as soon as you buy a domain thru GoDaddy and point it to Dan they start marketing the domain. As you all know this is not true in Afternic your stuck for 60 days with nothing. If you get a hit, the Buyer is informed it's theirs if they post escrow but have to wait the remaining 60 day period. Now, again I'm not putting Afternic down, I'm just saying that the new integration between Dan & Afternic will be HUGH. I'm sure ones options will be to stay with Dan's 9% commission or upgrade to Afternic's 20%

•••
Your making good points. But today we are dealing with a new GoDaddy & Dan combo. The biggest marketing point that no one has mentioned is, that as soon as you buy a domain thru GoDaddy and point it to Dan they start marketing the domain. As you all know this is not true in Afternic your stuck for 60 days with nothing. If you get a hit, the Buyer is informed it's theirs if they post escrow but have to wait the remaining 60 day period. Now, again I'm not putting Afternic down, I'm just saying that the new integration between Dan & Afternic will be HUGH. I'm sure ones options will be to stay with Dan's 9% commission or upgrade to Afternic's 20%
A shame, since Afternic is part of GoDaddy as well. Curious.

•••
Where do most end users go when they want to buy a name?

They go to or call godaddy, the most popular registrar. They look for a name they like, and if you have it on afternic or godaddy, it will show in the results as a premium. If you have afternic fast transfer on, it will show up in results of many registrars when people search.

Some people will visit the url, and that is how they will buy the name.

Only a small portion of people email whois info, usually, whois emails are scammers.

•••
for me its afternic
sold a domain last year 15k for one wasn't gonna renew

just listed afternic.com/mainnet for 25k my domains and got an email from afternic broker that he negotiated for around 15k

that works efficiently while asleep

•••
•••
for me its afternic
sold a domain last year 15k for one wasn't gonna renew

just listed afternic.com/mainnet for 25k my domains and got an email from afternic broker that he negotiated for around 15k

that works efficiently while asleep
So you use their landers too? which ones? NS3/4 or NS5/6?

•••
thinking about using them more
maybe or maybe not i should list all my epik domains their.. worth a try..

my life is on the move since started domaining January 1999

no need for me to Hodl domains w'o listing my best and all up there in afternic..

like I waited 23-24 years for this

enough for me

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back