NameSilo

What is wrong with expireddomains.net

Located in Drop Catchers and Expired Domain Services, started by topdom, Jun 23, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. topdom

topdom Top Contributor VIP

Thanks jmcc, great info.
    I have no development skills but if I understand things a little bit, then I can hire someone for development.
    In the past I became very successful with development, partly by luck. Not in hurry for development.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. topdom

I only did manual work (searches).
    Yes, it could be a deepstate thing (1 percent chance). Afternic, and then expireddomains, in a short period of time, creating problems, and not trying to fix or explain them, and I'm the target, and maybe also other "antivaxxers".
    Most likely someone was not happy with my strategy (nothing special about it).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  3. jmcc

jmcc Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It is very rare to find a single individual with the necessary database skills and even outsourcing it would be highly problematic. There's a world of difference between the databases used for this kind of domain name work and the typical small website database. Paying professional database architects and designers will be expensive. It is often more efficient to run multiple databases to handle the workload. the database architectures have to be designed correctly and able to scale. Small databases rarely have issues with the query times, slow queries and indexes but those things become vitally important on large databases.

Regards...jmcc

4. VadimK Iberica

VadimK Iberica Established Member

I think what he is saying is probably that he started to run some sort of bot / crawler on expireddomains.com database and was kicked out because of this.

5. lovely4ever

lovely4ever Established Member

So the Harassment of expireddomains was less or more painful than the teachers !?

6. topdom

"teachers'" attacks were less acceptable (more annoying), and could be criminal (lower grades than deserved compared to others (many tricks), and threatening to end low paying student job based on,.. some total and vague nonsense). e.d. is just discriminating and has the right to do so. At first I suspected this was just,.. a mistake, but now it is clear that it was an attack. If everyone was treated the same way, I would have no objection at all. Handselecting a few and treating them differently in a negative way,, not very professional.
    No, I don't use bots, I have no such skills. If I did I would build my own ..everything.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice