Watch

AboGamil

Senior Web DeveloperTop Member
Impact
hello everyone
why people here don't like handreg domains
especially buyers what is wrong about handreg names

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All I'm saying is nothing is wrong with handreg ..I actually prefer it .... You are contributing more in a way ...

I peeped silly OLD domains trying to be sold as they are wanted ....it certainly is silly

•••
Most good names are taken. The leftovers are not so great. Maybe only new technologies are ok

•••
I am very excited about what i am hand registering right now.

Last edited:
•••

He is - he keeps sending me PM's about his latest catches ;)

•••
The key to hand registrations is to be on top of current news, technology and developments and also have a reasonable understanding of those fields so you can pick a winner when it presents itself as a viable investment.

It's not rocket science ;)
ArtemisProgram.com - it is actually. lol

•••
hello everyone
why people here don't like handreg domains
especially buyers what is wrong about handreg names

You are referring primarily to domain (wholesale) buyers. The average business or end user wouldn't even know what the term means.

If you have a good name that you think has a good use, buy it, put it on the market, and hold it for as long as you can. A great name won't go unsold just because it's handreg'd imo. Just need the right buyer to come along.

And, btw, this is true for older domains as well - after all, that's why they end up being held in domain investors stock for so long.

•••
There are opportunities if you have eagle-eyes, patience and determination.

I personally sell 5-figures worth of brandcentric hand-registered domain names each and every month.

•••
Nothing wrong with hand regs but please keep in mind the pool of of good or great names is much smaller when newer. You need a clear why when purchasing.
There are many good names available and I have great names that are better than the old names they buy, not only age is the most important i prefer the name befor anything

•••
but don't take my word for it, I'm not a domain expert ...

Cheers

•••
Hand registered yesteday TrafficReferral.com WebmasterReferral.com I am confident nothing is wrong with hand registering names as my entire portfolio is.
very good names there is great names available for handreg

•••
•••
Blended hand regs are great...they just need to have some semblance of seamlessness and to be sensical. For me, it is not having too many syllables and for the name to possess phonetic harmony. I see some names that just clash and are confusing. They give me a head ache just reciting or pronouncing them.

Last edited:
•••
hand regs really work if your 0.1% ahead of the 99.9% catch-up curve.

*couldn't locate the degree symbol

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
99% of good names are taken. Nothing wrong to handregister, but you not going to get anything great.

•••
A handreg is a bit like giving yourself a hand job. If it ever leads to more than instant gratification then someone else is more of jerk off than you.

Disclosure, I do handreg once in a while.
Lmao I love the wording ❤️❤️

•••
•••
I wholeheartedly agree, but I don't think that speculating on emerging trend names is a game for those without a good grasp of the english language. It's important to get grammar and phraseology correct - the most common mistakes I see are singular vs plural or words ordered incorrectly.
i am not good enough in english 6/10 or 7 but i use google and some stuff to check words
every time i go better in English because of this

•••
True, people who are native speakers have a distinct advantage for coming up with the right words and/or phrases over those for whom English is a second language. Still, just checking how many times each word or phrase appears in search engines can help narrow the focus and eliminate wrong choices. It is not for everyone but being a wordsmith is an acquired skill. Just needs concentration, discipline and a refined filtering system that evolves over time.

I should know better, but I still catch myself saying "ATM machine" ;)

•••
I should know better, but I still catch myself saying "ATM machine" ;)
Don't feel bad... That is very common. Just search online for 'ATM machine' and there are 1000's of listings, even from the manufacturers and sellers of the machines. 🤓

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks for the sharing:xf.smile:(y)

Last edited:
•••
lock...i like your "referral" hand regs as well. In the last 60 days I've had more fun hand registering 800 plus new gTLD's with the extension .Realty. To add to the fun, I actually have a plan for how to best monetize my portfolio, and if past experience is any indicator of future performance, "outbound" will replace the old buy and hoard hold and pray strategy:xf.wink:

•••
I love hand registering (original not re-registering from the deleted lot) and it gives immense creative satisfaction. More than 35% of my portfolio are hand registered. You can check my website same as user name and find many there.

Those who say all words are taken are the same people who believe and compare the domain industry with the real estate industry. However, unlike limited land, the world of words is ever-expanding and every year hundreds and thousands of new words are including in dictionary in all languages.

The fact is domain sector is like universe ever-expanding and a growing galaxy full of stars some are known but maximum are still unknown and untapped due to our limited knowledge, ability and lifetime.

After achieving my portfolio size, I stopped hand registering not because I don't like them or do not have a new idea but simply because I do not want to give birth to a new name if I am not able to protect or nurture them. So sometimes it's a blackhole where it sucks your creative energy and you won't realise whether you are at zero or infinity. Also in search of unknown gain (sale and profit) creating unsustainable and confirm liability in the form of annual renew fee is not a good idea.

In fact, if we really have good domains and if we knew its real worth, we may not be able to sale 100 good domains to end user in our lifetime. Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back