IT.COM

What is the Strategy in Keeping Undisclosed the Domain Names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zubair Shaikh

Established Member
Impact
I like to know from the experts that what is the strategy behind to keep the domain names undisclosed/hide/secret under your portfolio? What I noticed as a learner peoples don't like to share their owned domain names most of the times that's why i just like to know the secret behind it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like to know from the experts that what is the strategy behind to keep the domain names undisclosed/hide/secret under your portfolio? What I noticed as a learner peoples don't like to share their owned domain names most of the times that's why i just like to know the secret behind it.

I think you mean "domain privacy"

if so,
some domainers who have valuable domains, don't want spammers or tirekickers soliciting them, so they use a proxy

some domainers have crappy names, that aren't worth reg fee, and they use privacy cuz somebody told them it was good to use it.

personally, I don't use privacy, nor do I try to hide my names in threads by adding spaces between the letters.
still, it has it's benefits and it's faults.

using privacy may make it more difficult, for a buyer to contact you.
while being public, makes less difficult.

imo...

•••
Thanks @biggie , Now i understand the logic behind the domain privacy and can understand that sometimes it is useful and necessary when you don't want to receive anything from anyone or you don't have any plan to sell that domain.

but, my question was related to, i saw here on many threads domain owners don't like to share their domain names, i was curious to know the strategy behind that.

•••
Thanks @biggie ,

but, my question was related to, i saw here on many threads domain owners don't like to share their domain names, i was curious to know the strategy behind that.

maybe they don't want exposure or the names aren't for sale.....
or,
they have pigeon turds in their portfolio and don't want anybody to know

either way, as part of the big picture....it's not something I would question.,
to me, it seems more like a contradiction to selling domains, than a strategy for it.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
they have pigeon turds in their portfolio and don't want anybody to know

I have a pigeon turd for sure.... www.pigeonshitnames.com :ROFL:

Seriously though.....

I have about 50 domains that are not listed anywhere because I am aggressively working them and I much rather have them not resolve. That can be an advantage when dealing with a business because they don't necessarily want their brand associated with my website. I often listen to the news and register trending names or business possibilities and when they hit it is best just to leave them sit idle until the perspective client decides if they want it or not.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back