NameSilo

What is the biggest offer you turned down ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mws

Established Member
Impact
I recently turned down a $1000 offer on a domain. I never advertised it for sale. I turned it down because I simply wanted to keep it for myself. I would like to know the biggest offer anyone turned down just because you wanted to keep the domain for yourself. :blink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you want to keep it and waiting for the price rise to $$$$$?

•••
I've turned down lots of offers in the mid $XXX range for various domains for example RocknRoll.info, and many in the $X,XXX range some of my better one word generic domains including fish.us, video.us, and rafting.info. I rarely regret turning down offers, because I know what the value is and am willing to be patient for the right end buyer or for that matter develop them myself.

The only one I can say I regret declining was about $1800 for Photo4Kids.com a few years ago which I still have (along with PhotoForKids.com). That was about the time of the dot-com bust when many purchases were in the five figure range and I was fairly new at the domain trade. If I got that offer again, I would likely take it.

•••
Well if you count the dotcom days then £75,000. I'm not sure that's relevant to todays market.

For this year, $30,000. I must admit though, I caved shortly after that.

•••
primacomputer said:
Well if you count the dotcom days then £75,000. I'm not sure that's relevant to todays market.

For this year, $30,000. I must admit though, I caved shortly after that.
$30,000? gee what domain was that

•••
Declined $15K for www.Camping.info a couple of weeks ago!!
Not an easy decision but no regrets.

•••
•••
•••
I am glad you all answered my thread. I had to prove to my wife I wasn't crazy. Thanks for the replies.

•••
I turned down a $100000(5 zero) offer for miss.com,and $12000 for 178.com recently, never regrets but my wife .....,good luck to all!

•••
Binfus and dotman ... you guys have balls of steel! :tu:

•••
$5k to a USATonight.com end-user, I thought at the time (I was new to domains) that I could get around $30k for it... (no... :'( )

:p

•••
dotman said:
I turned down a $100000(5 zero) offer for miss.com,and $12000 for 178.com recently, never regrets but my wife .....,good luck to all!

a nice tidy sum....then again some things are not for sale :p

•••
I had $xxxx.xx offered for a dot com. Felt there was more value sitting on the name and allowing the value to appreciate.

•••
The rule of thumb to all this is, as with most things for sale, if you had whatever amount of money you were being offered for your domain and could purchase the said domain with that money, would you buy it yourself?? If the answers 'no' then you must sell. If its 'yes' you hang on to the domain....

I have to say that value, imho, should be liquid and if the price is fair (which, imho, accounts for all the threads above) then sell!

Im sure theres a proverb in there somewhere............

•••
I have recently declined a $25,000 offer made via Greatdomains ... on the moment I have very much enjoyed the 'no' as the pure ...

-demonstration of my powerful freedom to accept or refuse,
-fact that, being MY name, it is has the incredible value of an empire,
-feeling of revenge towards this mysterious unknown buyer, -I have been waiting for so long time-, who is in fact no so magic because his rotten offer is not at the level of my beautiful dream,
-premonition that the 'no' will call for a second offer which will be, of course, well above my expectation$,
-reaction of dignity that is not to rush and show that even for 10% of this amount I would be able to kill my mother in law,

.... since then it is evident that there is a technical problem with my email provider as I haven't got any new "Congratulations you have received an offer !", ... since then my wife in throwing on my desk invoices & bank reminders looks more and more like my mother in law...
Regret... yes...ooops NO ! It is just a matter to survive until the future sale...

•••
collieri said:
The rule of thumb to all this is, as with most things for sale, if you had whatever amount of money you were being offered for your domain and could purchase the said domain with that money, would you buy it yourself?? If the answers 'no' then you must sell. If its 'yes' you hang on to the domain....

I have to say that value, imho, should be liquid and if the price is fair (which, imho, accounts for all the threads above) then sell!

Im sure theres a proverb in there somewhere............

I don't find this rule of thumb to be true for me personally. In fact, it took me a long time to stop looking at domains in that exact way. The truth is, you could never assume to know what someone else is going to pay for a certain domain name because you could never presume to know the strength of their need for it. In the past, I've had names that I valued to be around $15-30 TOPS, yet they proved to be extrememly valuable to someone else. I assure you, It changed the way I domain... forever!

•••
I would have sold miss.com for $100,000 in a heartbeat.

•••
/ AJ \ said:
$5k to a USATonight.com end-user, I thought at the time (I was new to domains) that I could get around $30k for it... (no... :'( )

:p

Sorry! I don't mean to spoil this thread! Are you the new owner of usatonight.com ? I bought it few months ago and paid an advance/paypal for it to "artico" It has been months now and I am still waiting for him to transfer it. I still have many emails/PMs saved, from him confirming the sale (moderator can check my private PMs box for confirmation) ! did I get scammed? Here is his last PM:

Artico

Name: Matt
Trader Rating: (7)
NameBucks: 0.00 (Donate)

Re: usatonight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The transfer itself will be complete around 30 days.... Going to haev to wait just a bit! :P

•••
I once turned down a $10 offer for wildpoopfarming.com.

•••
Artico.

To wisconsin:
Errrr ... "AJ" IS "Artico" (has had his User name changed here on the Namepros site). :gl:
To both parties, please open a new "Private-to-Staff" thread to get this transaction completed ASAP! :talk:

Caveat: I once inquired about this domain name for myself, and the reported interest from the "End user" .. but I was informed that that particular E-mail/Offer could not be located/verified. Furthermore, I think there may be some confusion here with regard to the amount that may have been offered and the "appraisal" acquired from "SwiftAppraisals" (in the ~ $30,000 range), IMHO.
Lots of Sales threads, etc. here in Namepros Search: usatonight.com

Please contact Staff™ for any assistance on the matter.
Thanks.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Turned down $300 for GameConfig.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back