Domain Empire

What is the best Twitter/Social Media handle to pair with your domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the next best Twitter/Social Media handle option?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • @Appledotcom

votes
    25.0%
  • @Applecom

votes
    43.8%
  • @Apple_com

votes
    18.8%
  • Other

votes
    12.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
What is the next best option, when choosing a Twitter/SocialMedia handle, to pair with a domain?

Suppose you have Apple.com, but the exact match handle (@apple) is taken or not available.

What is the next best option?

@Appledotcom
@Applecom
@Apple_com

Something other?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Something other?

The 15 character count can be restrictive, hence, for .com's 13 letters or more, adding (1) com, (2) _com, or (3) dotcom simply isn't an option.

I like the descriptiveness of *dotcom, however, this only works for .com's 9 letters or less.

Does *Com work best when the prefix is a company, such as AppleCom working best because Apple is a company that also has their .com? Or does this remind, or confuse the brand, to something like WorldCom ;)

And at what point does one consider adding a prefix to their desired twitter handle rather than adding a suffix?

@RealDonaldTrump (15 letters)

Last edited:
•••
I vote for second one
but exact much is better
@brandcollectors

•••
I’d probably go with “@OfficialApple”. There’s nuance to every situation.

•••
•••
AppleApple

Apple_Apple

Apple_com

www_Apple

•••
I'd use another word which describes your actual business, like @AppleDomains @AppleComputers :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back