IT.COM

advice What is a liquid doman? And Guide to good Domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

amartech

Established Member
Impact
Hi Seniors,

Seeking your guidance to understand what are liquid domains?

Also, would appreciate if anyone is kind enough to share a guide to good domain names and tools used to find whether a domain is good or not (like nameBios, estibot etc.).

A lot of beginners like me end up buying a lot of domains just because they sound good.
Hence, it would be really helpful if we can have a guide to understand from experienced domainers.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
A good domain name is ANYTHING that sells.

Your best resource is to look at what has sold and learn from that. MIllions of domain names will never sell because there is no end user. Research what sells, but not just the domain, research the end user and target similar.

Good luck

•••
4L.com is Liquid Domain..:xf.smile:

•••
I think this forum is chock full of information that you need. You need not rely on 1 or a few answers but read up as much as you can here and on domaining websites to be able to understand what domains to invest on, and how to keep an eye on trends in the industry and in the news in general for hints on what could become valuable. Liquid domains are domains that are easy to resell, in general, short domains, and 1 or 2 word phrases and mostly in the .com. of course there is more to it than just that, but that's where staying up all night reading will accomplish, don't look for shortcuts but read read read. I wish you good luck, and may you make a big splash in domaining.

•••
Domains which are heated with the heat of $$$$ and the domain owner melts down, are called liquid domains.

•••
upload_2017-4-17_16-49-6.png

•••
Thanks everybody for your responses. It helps.

•••
•••
Liquid domain would be a domain that has an established floor pricing (also called here on NP "reseller prices". So if you need to liquidate your inventory, you can get a certain minimum within short period of time (3-30 days, for example).

For example, any LLLL.com can be sold at $200-250 range at current market price minimum.

Any pure CVCV type LLLL.com would sell at $5,000+.

•••
•••
•••
Liquid domain would be a domain that has an established floor pricing (also called here on NP "reseller prices". So if you need to liquidate your inventory, you can get a certain minimum within short period of time (3-30 days, for example).

For example, any LLLL.com can be sold at $200-250 range at current market price minimum.

Any pure CVCV type LLLL.com would sell at $5,000+.
Assuming L means any letters, consonant or vowel. Does this LLLL.com have to make any sense or can be for example KGJR.com as well? Does this L include numbers 0-9? What do we mean by pure CVCV - should it mean something or can be any consonant vowel there like JITA.com?

Thanks once again for your help.

•••
A good domain name is ANYTHING that sells.

Your best resource is to look at what has sold and learn from that. MIllions of domain names will never sell because there is no end user. Research what sells, but not just the domain, research the end user and target similar.

Good luck
dumb question, but what is the end user?

•••
dumb question, but what is the end user?

End user is the final user that actually uses the domain name for a website. So basically study sales similar to the domain you are trying to sell and see who the end user was., then target your sale to a similar end user.

•••
I thought liquid domain are something like:

water.com
coffee.com
beer.com
orangejuice.com
tea.com

•••
I thought liquid domain are something like:

water.com
coffee.com
beer.com
orangejuice.com
tea.com

HeHe, very funny

I don't know you johnn but something tells me you know more about this topic than most.

•••
all liquids aren't solid

:)

just take a look thru the "Liquid Domains" sales section and see how long many of them sit there, unsold.

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back