IT.COM

What is a gTLD and ccTLD?

NameSilo
Watch

Scopehost

Impact
How it is helpful in Hosting?
every hosting company should contain this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What are you exactly asking?

•••
A generic top-level domain (gTLD)
A country code top-level domain (ccTLD)

•••
A local extension can help you in the local searches, i am in Australia so most times sites with .com.au will appear first when i do a search

•••
its bit confusing....Not understanding the exact difference between both...and
how exactly it will be helpful for the hosting company by adding it as a service....?
Like Top level domain registration service....

•••
I can't understand what are you asking yet.

Differences: gTLD = Generic Top Level Domain, ccTLD = country code Top Level Domain.

What kind of service you want to add? Domain registration service?

gTLDs are all those "generic" extension, not related (or restricted) to a specific country. Like .com , .net , .org, .info and all the new ones released recently, i.e. .xyz, .club, .company, etc. They're generic and worldwide.

ccTLDs are the regional / country extension, such as .us , .cn , .it , .de , .fr , .co.uk, .in, .tv , .ca etc. They're strictly related to a region (such as .eu or .asia) or a specific country. Let's take .de. It's the ccTLD for Germany, .fr is for France, .us is for United States etc.

•••
I am not sure but i think hosting in the same country as your cctld helps with rankings ( i think i read that somewhere )

•••
If the hosting service is country-oriented, then you should have your ccTLD + .com one.
Let's say Scopehost is from France (just an example) and is willing to develop a regional client base, then your domains should be at least Scopehost (dot) fr and Scopehost (dot) com, both pointing at the same website (your choice if host the website on .fr or on .com, not both)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back