IT.COM

discuss What is a good domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DFM

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
A good domain name has two main aspects:

It should: Be short and memorable - a maximum of three words, ideally no more than two.
Be easy to understand - you should be able to enter your domain name after hearing it.

More opinions?
Some examples?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First I will be looking for domains which is exact to my business name. If not then other related names. :-P

But my primary focus will be on making the domain name as easy as possible for the people to remember. :)

Last edited:
•••
A good domain name has two main aspects:

It should: Be short and memorable - a maximum of three words, ideally no more than two.
Be easy to understand - you should be able to enter your domain name after hearing it.

More opinions?
Some examples?
It doesn't need to be two words. We have seen 3 to 4 words that got sold at good price. I think history and competition plays a part in choosing a name. The name must also describe a brand or product.

•••
First I will be looking for domains which is exact to my business name. If not then other related names. :-P

But my primary focus will be on making the domain name as easy as possible for the people to remember. :)
Thank you for your opinion. Greeting

•••
It doesn't need to be two words. We have seen 3 to 4 words that got sold at good price. I think history and competition plays a part in choosing a name. The name must also describe a brand or product.
just/been/fried.com? Please analyze it.
All opinions are welcome and important to the community.

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't go for such names simply because i could hardly link it up to any biz, 2, there is no history attach to this name.
Before you purchase a name, you must have some certain end-users in mind.
just/been/fried.com? Please analyze it.
All opinions are welcome and important to the community.

•••
I wouldn't go for such names simply because i could hardly link it up to any biz, 2, there is no history attach to this name.
Before you purchase a name, you must have some certain end-users in mind.
I agree! Thanks for the tip.

•••
•••
•••
Hello Nick,
thank you, very helpful
No problem :xf.smile:

There's a whole section in the domain beginners area where you can learn and read up on some very good topics - https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-beginner-resources.844937

Also read as much of the below sales thread to see what keywords are actually selling

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628

And keep an eye on https://namebio.com for reported sales and searching for keywords - bear in mind that end user sales will come under Sedo, Uniregistry, Buy Domains, Afternic, DaaZ - names that sell at Godaddy, Namejet, Dropcatch, Park.io are generally aftermarket sales

And read the news section here regularly - lot's of nuggets in there :xf.wink:

•••
Back to investing in domain names.

I recently got the domain
parbook.com

Bought at auction for € 1,001.00. Why? Because the seller said to me: "I am also a visionary like you" ...

ParBook is par (tner) + book and probably the other side of the coin:

Parship
Facebook
ParBook

I admit the whole thing is pretty confused, but as an inexperienced domainer, believe in this name.

A platform with this name can become known over time.

Some of the forum members have criticized the fact that so much money is invested in such a meaningless name.

Again, the seller said to me: "I am also a visionary like you" ...

That's why I bought them, seriously!

•••
All good names are Brandables!

I don’t mean it in the context of domaining, I mean the domain names that match the name of the business, the brand name, the product line or services.

So what is a good name? Well, it depends on the industry, goals, trends, and could be different things to different people. There are books, classes, blogs and professionals who does this as a living.

For me, I stick to what I like and each of my domain names has the potential to turn into a business.

•••
Short-ish
Memorable
Describes a Product, Service or Business Term

•••

parbook.com

Bought at auction for € 1,001.00. Why? Because the seller said to me: "I am also a visionary like you" ...

Parship
Facebook
ParBook

I admit the whole thing is pretty confused, but as an inexperienced domainer, believe in this name.

Some of the forum members have criticized the fact that so much money is invested in such a meaningless name.

Hi

did you start this thread just to repost exact content from other thread, here
My investment in domain names! | Page 2 - NamePros

that's trolling, so don't do it

imo..

•••
its a catch 22, a good domain name is one that gets traffic but how do you know it gets traffic unless you buy it and park it. Buy heavy trafficked domains already. eureka. A good domain name is one already established as a traffic domain. :)

•••
.COM . COM .COM.

Thank you,

Samer

Last edited:
•••
its a catch 22, a good domain name is one that gets traffic but how do you know it gets traffic unless you buy it and park it. Buy heavy trafficked domains already. eureka. A good domain name is one already established as a traffic domain. :)
with this definition then, badass.xyz could be a "good" domain if it gets traffic. hmm.

•••
All good names are Brandables!

I don’t mean it in the context of domaining, I mean the domain names that match the name of the business, the brand name, the product line or services.

So what is a good name? Well, it depends on the industry, goals, trends, and could be different things to different people. There are books, classes, blogs and professionals who does this as a living.

For me, I stick to what I like and each of my domain names has the potential to turn into a business.
Thanks for your contribution, you are absolutely right.

•••
•••

parbook.com

Parship
Facebook
ParBook

There might be 1000 of domain like Word+book, many of them will be better them Facebook. But This doesn't mean all name will be used as a business company?
Will you name your company like Dombook.com ?

But I agree Your names are good but I feel you paid a Much higher price.

I brokered one word .com in 12 k to investor.
Sold many good 4l.com in few hundred.
Premium two words in low xxxx & one word io & co only in 3-4 hundred...

I never saw my buyers buying these names in such price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back