What is a good blogging software, ??

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

domainabilities

Established Member
Impact
2
Anybody that has blogging experience please tell me what is a good software program for a newbie blogger. Got an excellent name for a blog, just need to do it.
get started anyway :hehe:
Thanks for any input.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
thanks

Thanks i'll check them out. I dont really want anything remotely hosted if possible.
 
0
•••
domainabilities said:
Thanks i'll check them out. I dont really want anything remotely hosted if possible.

You can use your own domain with blogger.com, but they host the software. If you want to go 100% on your own, I recommend Movable Type

Gene
 
0
•••
looking

Looking at that now. Do you know anything about wordpress ?
 
0
•••
Wordpress is the best imo if you want to host one to host yourself
 
0
•••
thats it

That's what im looking for. I want to host it myself, and have something that is easy to work with. And of course cheap or free would be nice. Im gonna give them a try. Thanks.
 
0
•••
0
•••
wordpress.org is the best blog sofware imo....

i use blogger too...:) for my personal blog..
 
0
•••
I've used wordpress and had very little to complain about.
 
0
•••
Wordpress Rocks ! see the plugins and mods u can do with it , it`s the best around . Mine`s too a Wordpress :)
 
0
•••
wordpress is my favorite
 
0
•••
Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like wordpress is gonna be the one I try. I keep hearing about the success of some blogs, so it sounds like it's worth a try.
(gopwatchdog.com) coming soon !
 
0
•••
Another vote for WordPress here :)
 
0
•••
Wordpress here too, lots of plugins. You might also want to check out b2evolution. I`m using it on some other blogs in spanish since the wordpress localization is practically non-existent and I don`t have the time to translate the wordpress themes.
 
0
•••
I've used one from here before ~ phpblogger.com - It is a pretty simple photo blog script but it works fine :)
 
0
•••
I've used Movable Type before. But now they charge, so it sucks now. I've tried Fusion which can be downloaded at fusionphp.net. I've been hearing great things about wordpress though, and from the looks of this thread, looks like it's a winner.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back