Dynadot

discuss What I learned in the last week about domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What a week. As many of you know I had a huge sale this month to a celebrity. I did an article with @Domain Shane The entire article was a "how to" on how I made a huge sale and how you can do the same.
Here is what I learned.
  • Domainers are jealous petty people.
  • Keyboard tough people like to DM me and say things they would never say to my face
  • Thank God there are some really cool people that come to my defense!
  • People from countries outside of the US have thrown some insults at me that I don't understand.
  • My fellow domainers are literally upset that I sold a domain for a lot of money and I don't know why - isn't that the goal for all of us?
  • I have been ridiculed for losing my job like I deserve it because I sold the name for so much? I don't see the connection
  • My job as an IT manager was garbage and that's all I could get with my low IQ? (I have a degree and was summa cum laude - look it up if you don't know)
  • I shouldn't talk about my sales
  • I left money on the table
  • I didn't get enough money
  • I ripped off the buyer
  • I rip people off by offering low prices for names I want to buy. Um - yes. Who pays full retail for anything they want to resell? I am not an end user. I don't force anyone to sell me anything. If you don't like the price we shake hands and walk away.
  • I had a broker who couldn't get an offer on two domains I hired him to sell,one of them hatred.com, attempting to insult me with a goose and duck reference? He also tried to impress me with his sales this year (none of them mine)
So again, this post will fill with haters and arguments. I am asking that you please refrain from saying anything negative. None of you know me personally and I have never ever stolen anything from any of you.
I am sad for this community, you have no idea what kind of scum is lurking here.
Instead of insulting me for whatever reason you deem necessary - go out and sell some names to end users. Its that simple, stop using me as way to escape the reality of your poor or low sales. Start sending emails and cold calling, that's what I do and it works.
I was trying to help you - all of you! Its that simple, and you turned it into a circus of hell. Go back and read the article and try to replicate.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you ever bought a car?
I think you are being trolled by people here. Surely they are not that dense!

You bought something for A! You sold it for X. Let the haters hatred.com . . . ;)

I dont have any 150k domains currently, but I do have some domains Ill sell for more than some have suggested:)

•••
What I've learnt in the last week is that I'm spending too much time on the boards. :)
If I wouldn't have just been laid off I would not be on here so much

•••
•••
Back in the 1960s I had a friend who used to buy old sports cars, do them up, and sell them for less than he'd paid for them. He did this to try to project an image, but I thought he was a pratt. It's not too difficult to make a few quid dealing in cars. I get the feeling that there are quite a few domainers who buy names, "do them up", and sell them for less than they paid, or let them drop. Is it in the hope of making money, or because they like to be known as a domain name dealer?

•••
Back in the 1960s I had a friend who used to buy old sports cars, do them up, and sell them for less than he'd paid for them. He did this to try to project an image, but I thought he was a pratt. It's not too difficult to make a few quid dealing in cars. I get the feeling that there are quite a few domainers who buy names, "do them up", and sell them for less than they paid, or let them drop. Is it in the hope of making money, or because they like to be known as a domain name dealer?
I agree. I just sold some names for a loss on Namejet but I also made a ton on some others. I was just clearing my portfolio.

•••
I need to find out a way to generate revenue earning parking pages. I reckon if a dot com can make $15 ( say ) in it's first 6 months, then you should add it to your portfolio, if it can't, then you should dump it unless it's a vanity name.

•••
•••
Life goes on. Can't wait to hear about more critical sales.

•••
yep - life is a bitch. I bid $1 on a name valued at over $30,000, and some rotten person has over-bid me - he bid $2.Some people just throw their money around.

•••
yep - life is a bitch. I bid $1 on a name valued at over $30,000, and some rotten person has over-bid me - he bid $2.Some people just throw their money around.

Bloody High rollers!..they always ruin it for everyone else... :)

•••
•••
•••
1.jpg

What I learned.....

There are 3 types of people on namePros

1. Business Professionals who are kind and giving of their time.

2. Rude unprofessional wanna be domainers.

3. Amateurs desperately struggling to make it in a cut throat business.

The question is who do you want to be?

Myself.... I try to shoot for #1

Remember, not everyone will get the big massive sales, the small ones do add up but that does not mean you cannot be number #1 in the business.

Be kind and patient with other members and you will always be #1 in my book.

Last edited:
•••
Being a domainer is not something that is very special. It's a business and naturally, every business in the world is done by people, and people come from different places and backgrounds, with different taste and character. So it's to be expected. You did something great and quite many on here only dream of it in their lifetime, so they give you what they think is "RIGHT" it might not be right.

They do not know you, personally what your qualities are or how good a person you are, they just assume what they want to be true. You did a good job and you shared a journey for those who want to learn read through it and try to adopt it, some adopt it while others just keep on talking.

In real life too it's the same, I have helped many people who seek help to build business, but in the end they fail. I have excatly given them step by step directions on how to work on it still they fail, and they will teach you why its not possible. The world is like that. Keep doing what you are doing, in the end, all these do not matter, what only matters is "If you are happy".

•••
Show attachment 62676

What I learned.....

There are 3 types of people on namePros

1. Business Professionals who are kind and giving of their time.

2. Rude unprofessional wanna be domainers.

3. Amateurs desperately struggling to make it in a cut throat business.

The question is who do you want to be?

Myself.... I try to shoot for #1

Remember, not everyone will get the big massive sales, the small ones do add up but that does not mean you cannot be number #1 in the business.

Be kind and patient with other members and you will always be #1 in my book.
Small ones do add up! I just sold off a bunch of stuff on namejet - another 10K in my pocket.

•••
It looks as if you haven't got rid of hatred completely. :)

Lolz Exactly what I was thinking!! :-P:-P

@uglydork OMG!!! I am so happy for you!! Congrats!! This is truly awesome news and thanks for openly talking about the entire story... hats off for sticking to believing in the domain's worth!!!! (y)(y):xf.love::xf.love:

IMHO this business is all about what you believe your domain to be worth... if you sell for less you have no one else to blame but your lack of imagination and guts to stick your ground!!

You've had me stuck reading all about it instead of going to a movie i was supposed to in ample time... running late now!! :xf.grin:

best,
Anita

Last edited:
•••
Being a domainer is like any other kind of "job". Of course some people don't see it like a job but honestly enjoy searching and researching, buying domains and sitting on them because they have a gut feeling that either the "word" topic of the domain becomes populair. Or hoping somewhere there is a person and/ or business that is interested or needs the domain because they are starting a new business.

Anywayz I do find it interesting and will continue to learn the art of being a domainer :)

•••
•••
•••
I think you are being trolled by people here. Surely they are not that dense!

You bought something for A! You sold it for X. Let the haters hatred.com . . . ;)

I dont have any 150k domains currently, but I do have some domains Ill sell for more than some have suggested:)

Its amazing so many people are getting brown around their mouth sucking up to the Uglydork. I think all the hatred he is experiencing comes from what he sowed himself. I know I dont like him one bit. I think he is a narcissistic asshole. At least that is one thing we agree about..

Excerpt from his site:

"I’m an asshole by nature. I’m not a people person, I don’t like loud parties and I generally just want to be left alone to do my thing. I love my wife and 2 small children but anyone else can kiss my ass."

Now I know people love success stories, but maybe you should reflect a bit on how people came about their success. This is the Shawn Bellony story all over. Every one loves him because he made a bit of cash. No one is questioning his motives in starting this thread or where all this hatred comes from.

Meanwhile Dick screwed over his client to get publicity, even though the client asked him to keep quiet. While he was making this sale he was front running @imadoer s domain name while he kept it in Escrow. Not a nice thing to do, even if you have a 20 point check list that specifies why you think it is alright.

Now I have a quick question. Did anyone bother to do a whois on the name? Cause I only see one owner listed and that is Richard Dynas.

So the sale might go through.. Or it might not.. A little early for an E-book Dick.

Besides as other people already mentioned you can find mentors here that actually sold many many names for 6 figures and they dont spend their time writing E-books before their first sale has closed. Someone else mentioned the word Hubris. Its funny since I wrote Dick that exact thing less than a few days ago.

In conclusion.. You get what you sow. So lets SEE if Dick gets his sale or not. As it is now, he is just forwarding the name to the that other Uglydorks site.

•••
Its amazing so many people are getting brown around their mouth sucking up .

lol

is that why their breath stanks com

:)

imo...

•••
•••
There is a special cog in the reincarnation wheel of the Earth machine for those who leaned too heavily on parasitism for their energy reserves :xf.wink:

I see you caught the sense of my post...:xf.wink:

•••
Its amazing so many people are getting brown around their mouth sucking up to the Uglydork. I think all the hatred he is experiencing comes from what he sowed himself. I know I dont like him one bit. I think he is a narcissistic a*hole. At least that is one thing we agree about..

Excerpt from his site:

"I’m an a*hole by nature. I’m not a people person, I don’t like loud parties and I generally just want to be left alone to do my thing. I love my wife and 2 small children but anyone else can kiss my ass."

Now I know people love success stories, but maybe you should reflect a bit on how people came about their success. This is the Shawn Bellony story all over. Every one loves him because he made a bit of cash. No one is questioning his motives in starting this thread or where all this hatred comes from.

Meanwhile Dick screwed over his client to get publicity, even though the client asked him to keep quiet. While he was making this sale he was front running @imadoer s domain name while he kept it in Escrow. Not a nice thing to do, even if you have a 20 point check list that specifies why you think it is alright.

Now I have a quick question. Did anyone bother to do a whois on the name? Cause I only see one owner listed and that is Richard Dynas.

So the sale might go through.. Or it might not.. A little early for an E-book Dick.

Besides as other people already mentioned you can find mentors here that actually sold many many names for 6 figures and they dont spend their time writing E-books before their first sale has closed. Someone else mentioned the word Hubris. Its funny since I wrote Dick that exact thing less than a few days ago.

In conclusion.. You get what you sow. So lets SEE if Dick gets his sale or not. As it is now, he is just forwarding the name to the that other Uglydorks site.

tenor.gif

•••
Its amazing so many people are getting brown around their mouth sucking up to the Uglydork. I think all the hatred he is experiencing comes from what he sowed himself. I know I dont like him one bit. I think he is a narcissistic a*hole. At least that is one thing we agree about..

Excerpt from his site:

"I’m an a*hole by nature. I’m not a people person, I don’t like loud parties and I generally just want to be left alone to do my thing. I love my wife and 2 small children but anyone else can kiss my ass."

Clearly you don't like him. Clearly you dislike people that do not dislike him. That is your choice of course. The issues to me are about the sale and how people are treated. He sold a domain. You are saying he did not sell it. It doesn't matter to me whether he did sell it or not. He says he did. Fine by me. You say he didn't. I do not care.
How people treat him is a reflection of them. People hate all the time. Typical jealousy stuff. Maybe I like him bc I am also an asshole. I don't know. Bottom line is you could come on and say you sold jerk down com for 100k and I'd be like nice sale. I don't know you. But I'd be happy you had a nice sale. If someone paid for it it was fine for them. I wouldnt say you left money on the table or that you ripped them off. Again it doesn't matter to me. If people gave you crap bc of a sale, I'd be saying the same thing to them.

Best regards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back