NameSilo

discuss What I learned in the last week about domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What a week. As many of you know I had a huge sale this month to a celebrity. I did an article with @Domain Shane The entire article was a "how to" on how I made a huge sale and how you can do the same.
Here is what I learned.
  • Domainers are jealous petty people.
  • Keyboard tough people like to DM me and say things they would never say to my face
  • Thank God there are some really cool people that come to my defense!
  • People from countries outside of the US have thrown some insults at me that I don't understand.
  • My fellow domainers are literally upset that I sold a domain for a lot of money and I don't know why - isn't that the goal for all of us?
  • I have been ridiculed for losing my job like I deserve it because I sold the name for so much? I don't see the connection
  • My job as an IT manager was garbage and that's all I could get with my low IQ? (I have a degree and was summa cum laude - look it up if you don't know)
  • I shouldn't talk about my sales
  • I left money on the table
  • I didn't get enough money
  • I ripped off the buyer
  • I rip people off by offering low prices for names I want to buy. Um - yes. Who pays full retail for anything they want to resell? I am not an end user. I don't force anyone to sell me anything. If you don't like the price we shake hands and walk away.
  • I had a broker who couldn't get an offer on two domains I hired him to sell,one of them hatred.com, attempting to insult me with a goose and duck reference? He also tried to impress me with his sales this year (none of them mine)
So again, this post will fill with haters and arguments. I am asking that you please refrain from saying anything negative. None of you know me personally and I have never ever stolen anything from any of you.
I am sad for this community, you have no idea what kind of scum is lurking here.
Instead of insulting me for whatever reason you deem necessary - go out and sell some names to end users. Its that simple, stop using me as way to escape the reality of your poor or low sales. Start sending emails and cold calling, that's what I do and it works.
I was trying to help you - all of you! Its that simple, and you turned it into a circus of hell. Go back and read the article and try to replicate.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What a week. As many of you know I had a huge sale this month to a celebrity. I did an article with @Domain Shane The entire article was a "how to" on how I made a huge sale and how you can do the same.
Here is what I learned.
  • Keyboard tough people like to DM me and say things they would never say to my face
  • People from countries outside of the US have thrown some insults at me that I don't understand.
  • My fellow domainers are literally upset that I sold a domain for a lot of money and I don't know why - isn't that the goal for all of us?
  • I have been ridiculed for losing my job like I deserve it because I sold the name for so much? I don't see the connection
  • My job as an IT manager was garbage and that's all I could get with my low IQ? (I have a degree and was summa cum laude - look it up if you don't know)
  • I ripped off the buyer
  • I rip people off by offering low prices for names I want to buy. Um - yes. Who pays full retail for anything they want to resell? I am not an end user. I don't force anyone to sell me anything. If you don't like the price we shake hands and walk away.
  • I had a broker who couldn't get an offer on two domains I hired him to sell,one of them hatred.com, attempting to insult me with a goose and duck reference? He also tried to impress me with his sales this year (none of them mine)
So again, this post will fill with haters and arguments. I am asking that you please refrain from saying anything negative. None of you know me personally and I have never ever stolen anything from any of you.
I am sad for this community, you have no idea what kind of scum is lurking here.
Instead of insulting me for whatever reason you deem necessary - go out and sell some names to end users. Its that simple, stop using me as way to escape the reality of your poor or low sales. Start sending emails and cold calling, that's what I do and it works.
I was trying to help you - all of you! Its that simple, and you turned it into a circus of hell. Go back and read the article and try to replicate.
I`m a lover Man!

Congrats on your sale.

•••
•••
Firstly congrats on the awesome sale. Buying for $4K and selling for ~$150K is most impressive and kudos to you. Some people will say you got lucky but who gives a shit, you bought low and sold high. That's the nature of domaining. Rinse and repeat.

Secondly, you might have some negative comments from people as you started your domaining career on bad footing. I do remember you pulling out of the Chris dot net auction on NameJet when you didn't like the price it was going for. I'm sure that rubbed a few of your domaining colleagues the wrong way, so I can understand there are people who don't see you in the best of light. I think you even posted a thread, claiming that everyone hates you something like that. Regardless, I certainly believe in second chances and clearly the big man upstairs wants you to succeed in Domaining, so well done and keep it up. (y)

Last edited:
•••
Here is what I learned.
  • I ripped off the buyer

thank you for letting us all know how you closed the deal

we all should have a 6 figure sale once in a while
and its good to know how someone who has done it
actually did it

•••
We have a lot of FBI agents here. They know every single thing (by Google) and post here to show off their knowledge. Most of them can't sell anything because they spent too much time chit-chat.

I have been here around 14 years and people don't even know I am male or female and I want to keep it that way.

I did not sell anything here in the past 6 months - Only buying - Spent around $7,000 and bought some LLL names.

So if you don't want people to beat you up the best way is to keep your mouth shut as no one appreciate what we share. They are willing to cut a tree to find an insect!!!

johnn 2 n = female . right?

•••
Don't forget about this....

You have friends on namePro that are proud as hell of you!!

•••
Tiawood is a friend of mine for a long time that's why she knows my gender (without physical checking).

Kuffy, Domainer is never broke.

maybe its time to change the avatar...

•••
johnn 2 n = female . right?

In the domaining world, it doesn't matter. Johnny Depp has been around for a long time and is a great person. If they don't want to give more information, for whatever reason, leave it alone. Plenty of people around here have their identities/genders hidden.

Back to domains.....

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
This is my favorite - received it today via PM:

"Its apparent to me that you have to live your life with a sub 120 IQ. Probably the reason you ended up in IT support. Thats really the worst insult I can come up with, but I am pretty sure it will wash of your feathers as the goose you are."

Its funny because I am an IT manager - I don't fix anything anymore. I picture him thinking I am some zit faced 19 year old installing printers for customers.

the best feature at namepros is the "ignore" feature

Last edited:
•••
@uglydork - You probably will learn this week that domainers sometimes derail threads off topic....

Back on topic....

What you are describing is nothing unusual. Just enjoy your sale and try to ignore negative and/or uninformed people.

•••
The truth about haters is that they are ALL just jealous people, but they don't want to admit they're jealous so they often resort to hate.

Simple as that, happens in all areas/industries though not just domaining. Just means your doing something right - so congrats on the sale man!

•••
In the domaining world, it doesn't matter. Johnny Depp has been around for a long time and is a great person. If they don't want to give more information, for whatever reason, leave it alone. Plenty of people around here have their identities/genders hidden.

Back to domains.....
Always been cool to me - could be an alien- don't care - just treat me right and I will do the same - live the Depp

•••
IMG_2002.PNG
Congrats on your sale.

I did have one question.

In your NamePros sale post, you listed Hatred.com for sale at 9.5k and stated that was the amount you "have in the name", and essentially wouldn't be making a dime on the sale price.

I then read that you picked up the name for 4K?... just curious to know what the other 5.5k expense was?

•••
I was and any normal person should be happy when a fellow domainer does well on a sale. To say there are huge amounts of people who are scummy here might be a little harsh compared to all the ones who aren't. Report harassers and block. Enjoy your win--- couldn't come at a better time so good for you.

As far as top domainers I find them all a little arrogant (as they have a right to be-- I guess). A person's character is the same whether they have a ton of money or none at all.

Last edited:
•••
They are those who do not immediately congratulate a fellow domainer closing a nice sale. Some are skeptical, want to know all the details, or are just plain haters. I would just ignore any of this type of rhetoric and negativity coming from behind someone's keyboard.

IMO we are all in this industry to buy and sell names. Thanks for sharing the details and process of your sale. This is a hobby for me, but I sure hope to be able to duplicate what you did!
You bought low, and sold high.

You happen to achieve a very nice return on your initial investment. Take some time off and take a nice little vacation. I'm sure you will enjoy the change of scenery while are reviewing your domain sale and/or next job opportunity!

•••
In your NamePros sale post, you listed Hatred.com for sale at 9.5k and stated that was the amount you "have in the name", and essentially wouldn't be making a dime on the sale price.

That's part of sales..... you always say that is my cost.
I must say that several times per day.... it is kind of expected, and nobody in sales reveals their true cost.

Did I tell you that my cost on PigeonShitNames.com was $4,500..... trust me :xf.laugh:
I'll let you have it at my direct cost if you like :ROFL:

•••
That's part of sales..... you always say that is my cost.
I must say that several times per day.... it is kind of expected, and nobody in sales reveals their true cost.

Did I tell you that my cost on Pigeonsh*tNames.com was $4,500..... trust me :xf.laugh:
I'll let you have it at my direct cost if you like :ROFL:
If he didn't have $9500 in the name already then I just feel it was an unnecessary lie. Just my opinion.

The sale on the other hand is fantastic. Not sure why anyone here would be upset with a fellow domainer making such a great sale.

•••
Show attachment 62392 Congrats on your sale.
I did have one question.
I then read that you picked up the name for 4K?... just curious to know what the other 5.5k expense was?
Therapy, Marriage counseling fees...?
Just guessing here, mind you :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
They know every single thing (by Google) and post here to show off their knowledge.

upload_2017-6-27_21-16-57.png

•••
Also can't say I'm a huge fan of breaking the gentlemens agreement you mentioned of not releasing the sale details until the buyer launched his website.

•••
I wasn't paying much attention who this Milo guy was. Now reading Grilled post I now remember who this guy is.

What one "has in the name" and what one paid only for the domain, can be different.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back