Dynadot

What I hate about parking domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I want to use a parking place like GoDaddy, GoldKey, etc but I really like having access to the domains for email addresses.

I use GoldKey right now by forwarding the domains to GoldKey but that doesnt leave my domain in the URL field of the browser. I wish There was a place that allowed us to set the MX address for each domain. :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can buy a reseller hosting package, add domains to your GoldKey account, make individual hosting accounts on your reseller package.

Then modify DNS zone for each hosting account, there is an IP address that should be put as an A record (see GoldKey FAQ for exact IP).

This way, www access will be directed to GoldKey servers, and your own server will deal with email traffic.

•••
I just looked at the FAQ again and I only see URL forwarding or nameservers. No other way...

•••
I agree, you'd think for 3.99 godaddy should be giving you an email address.

•••
Ah, I closed my GoldKey account when I opened an ActiveAudience one (there are same people running both).

On ActiveAudience you can have this (quote from FAQ):
The second way to park your domain to one of our servers is by updating the IP address in the current DNS. (And not changing the DNS that is resolving the domain name.) Set your IP address to our load balancer: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. This load balancer spreads the HTTP requests evenly across our server network.

Something similar was on GoldKey.

You can convert your GoldKey account to an ActiveAudience one, or you can ask GoldKey support about this feature.

•••
i agree with you,i think we should send a email to say it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back