Domain Empire

What has your experience with namecheap been like?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I came across name cheap offers today and i was surprised to see that name cheap are selling domains for about $2 plus offering a $1 whoisguard . As much as it looks like a wonderful offer , i couldn't help but ask myself "whats the catch" , so i would like to know if your experience with namecheap has been good and stress free or are their services poor ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the catch is that that price is for .info domains. If not please share some info on how I can get this deal.

As for my experience with namecheap it has all been very positive for me. Great customer service. The only negatives I have encountered was the huge slow down on Black Friday, but that doesn't affect me in the long term.

•••
Namecheap has been good in my book. I've registered a couple hundred domains through them without any issues, and I've been using them for over six years.

The $2 deal is for .info domains for the first year.

•••
Only catch is that they are an ENOM reseller.

This may be an issue if you flirt with RX time names as those have been shut down. Some people disagree with this policy on principle.

I've no problem with anything so far. They don't allow transfers of expired names IN is the only thing I've run into.

The Black Friday thing .. hmmmm offer every domainer a $2 transfer and limit to 2500. That's like asking for DDoS ! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back