NameSilo

What graphics software for simple header image?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I need to make a basic header image for a Wordpress blog. I don't have any tools to create it. Can someone recommend any free software or a web-based app that I can use to create text, simple lines and shapes, etc. I have a PC and Mac but Mac software would be preferred.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Photoshop, and the free clone of it Gimp, are great if you want to have very in depth control of your art/images/header. I use Photoshop exclusively. However, it takes days of study to get to even a basic level of Photoshop knowledge so you can turn out nice headers. Other image editors like Paint and Picasa work well but once again, they are image editors and don't specialize in making headers.

If you're interested in an editor that specializes in headers, then I have to second xHeader. You can download it free from xheader . com , it is created by the xSitepro guys and is meant to be very user-friendly, takes moments to download and learn. Very easy to use and you can crank out headers like mad without having to get deep into learning image editing programs. It lays out templates for you, you set sizes etc., import any of your own pics you want, play around with the text effects and fonts. It's very streamlined towards easy headermaking.

•••
I agree with guys, that you can use AdobePhotoshop trial version.

•••
Try InkScape for vector images, works great :D

•••
You can find many free software in Google search. Just try to do it!!!

•••
Yeah, you can you Adobe Photoshop for header design or you can try to search on Google for free header designer, its your friend.

•••
GIMP, KRITA, PAINT.NET, CHOCOFLOP(MAC), ADOBE Photoshop Express, CINEPAINT

•••
GIMP, KRITA, PAINT.NET, CHOCOFLOP(MAC), ADOBE Photoshop Express, CINEPAINT

All best software collection for this purpose were add in above list. You can choose any one.

•••
I will only suggest you for Photoshop.

•••
in Photoshop it is easiest, there are other programs such as firework, paintshop pro.

•••
•••
•••
you can make one yourself in photoshop cs4 if you have little knowledge of photoshop

•••
Take the 30 days trial for Illustrator or Photoshop!

•••
Working as a AD, use the free and really easy to use webbased and powerful www.sumopaint.com

•••
•••
You should give GIMP a try. It is what should be a photoshop -esque which is distributed freely. It almost offers you all the available functions, discounting some premiums that photoshop has. But this should be enough to do what you want to be done.

Photoshop is just a big pain and they just charge a big amount for it. Though that is what you get from being able to monopolize the stage.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back