IT.COM

What graphics software for simple header image?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I need to make a basic header image for a Wordpress blog. I don't have any tools to create it. Can someone recommend any free software or a web-based app that I can use to create text, simple lines and shapes, etc. I have a PC and Mac but Mac software would be preferred.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can have a check to the GFX Writer.Very nice tool to have.

•••
youbetcha1018 said:
You can have a check to the GFX Writer.Very nice tool to have.
Thank you. But I was really looking for something free.

•••
Why not take advantage of the free trials that are usually available with products like adobe photoshop? i think it used to be 30 day trial they offered.

•••
I realise this may be a bit late as your question was almost a month ago but have you considered Gimp? You can do just about everything that you can do in Photoshop and it is free.

•••
You might want to look into paint.net as well. It's also free and very feature filled.

http://www.paint.net/

•••
You can try with Gimp... it's free... and good

•••
what's your mac os version?
you may try any of the open source mac software
Seashore
Xee
Gimp.app
inkscape
Scribus
all under Graphics, Photo, Publishing
http://www.opensourcemac.org/

slobizman said:
I need to make a basic header image for a Wordpress blog. I don't have any tools to create it. Can someone recommend any free software or a web-based app that I can use to create text, simple lines and shapes, etc. I have a PC and Mac but Mac software would be preferred.

•••
BannersLab said:
You can try with Gimp... it's free... and good

Where can I get the Gimp?

•••
mdamin76 said:
Where can I get the Gimp?
You can get the latest version at gimp.org

•••
HI

Try Xheader.com it is free..

Thx
Tom

•••
•••
•••
you can download any trial version software.and change it.

•••
All the Adobe software products........but Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are the two biggest ones.

GOOD LUCK

•••
GFX WRITER SOFTWARE

If you know anybody who uses GFX writer software, then you will probably hear this: that it is so much easier to use it as a graphics header creator than using Photoshop.

•••
Go with Gimp.app
You can create there a header images.
but Photoshop is what i am using now.

•••
You can create the image with Paint also. If you need something that needs no blending or gradient or other special effects, then paint is good.

•••
I would take advantage of Photoshop 30 day trial - free

or gimp also free

•••
Hi! guess thatphotoshop is the best thng especialy for the very start! It is easy touse and you can do rather much with it Give a try I think that you will be satisfied how it works!

•••
You can go for the adobe photoshop cs3 for your header design.

•••
My opinion is to go with the gimp or the photoshop free trial. Just my two cents!

•••
you can try Adobe Photoshop...you can a a trial version of 30days...and see if it works as you want

•••
There are so many software available for creating the header image. But in all the software I prefer Dream viewer to create it. Because it is easy to use and the easy to edit the program.

•••
24 posts and no one mentions Picasa, free from Google?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back