IT.COM

information What domain names are in demand? A buyer broker speaks.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
If you want to understand what type of domain names are in demand, a good person to talk with is someone who buys domains on behalf of clients.
68% were for what Sweetman calls generic terms, such as Robot.com or RobotParts.com. 15% were for invented words, and 6% were phrases. Acronyms and surnames were 6% and 5% respectively...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting article, 50% looking for one-word domains is quite high.

•••
WOW! if anyone is aking himself what to buy..... in this article there is the answer

•••
Interesting article, 50% looking for one-word domains is quite high.

He did include some disclaimers. It would be interesting to see similar info from other brokers.

•••
Very interesting to read ..

•••
Exactly what I was looking for for, great read!

•••
•••
•••
generic terms rock.

Scarcity rocks :)

In our personal lives it's all about abundance (not just money).
In the domain world the key is scarcity.

•••
•••
This was a really an awesome read! Definitely worth taking the time to read this.

•••
This is a great article from a numbers perspective, however, I'm curious as to what industry(s) are more so looking to purchase domain names on the aftermarket and the average "buy range" within in these industries or average budget size for companies looking to purchase names via aftermarket. Nevertheless, nice post, thanks!

•••
Scarcity rocks :)

In our personal lives it's all about abundance (not just money).
In the domain world the key is scarcity.

scarcity. correct. :)

•••
This is a great article from a numbers perspective, however, I'm curious as to what industry(s) are more so looking to purchase domain names on the aftermarket and the average "buy range" within in these industries or average budget size for companies looking to purchase names via aftermarket. Nevertheless, nice post, thanks!

Bill is a broker, so his data would be mostly limited to the types of companies that would hire a broker. This is a smaller segment than the whole aftermarket which includes people browsing marketplaces, resellers/domainers, etc People hiring a broker are usually spending more and/or looking for something specific.

•••
Bill is a broker, so his data would be mostly limited to the types of companies that would hire a broker. This is a smaller segment than the whole aftermarket which includes people browsing marketplaces, resellers/domainers, etc People hiring a broker are usually spending more and/or looking for something specific.
Ahhh, I understand. Great point!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back