What does this mean

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
what does this mean -
an ovt of 34 with extension

plz clear this im confused

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Do you have to type in the .com part?? Are the numbers/results given by Ovt based on extension?

•••
Yes, you type in the complete Domain with ext.

The other way, without the ext. can give you an idea of how populare a term/word is.

•••
You might also say that it means "supposedly" 34 searches were done on
the Overture network where someone actually typed...

blahblahblah.com and not just blahblahblah

This is usually a monthly number. 34 per month for example.

Mike

Keep in mind, like others here have pointed out...

WHY????? would someone "search" for a complete domain in a search engine
when they can simply type it in their browser? *shrugs shoulders again*

•••
That is curious. I don't thik I've ever typed DOT anything into the search box if I knew the extension.

•••
•••
it just shows that the name has traffic i guess

•••
follow up question

When using overture,

If you have a 2 word domain name, is searching by just one of those words a valid technique for domain name analysis?

For example, "CrazyCrackers.tv" should conceivably get many hits just with searches on "Crackers"....I would conclude that that search has significance overture value. But does it really? or do you have to overture by all words in the name?

•••
Not sure, but I suspect:

if you own "domain murderers .com" and you check ovt for "domain" you will get "a lot."
if you check ovt for "domain murderers" probably ZILCH :)

So, I think my answer is NO... if have a 2 word domain, probably going to need to
check for BOTH words for "relevance."

I'm not a big fan of the OVT Term Tool, so don't go by me. :)

Good luck,

•••
To my way of thinking, ideally, you'd want any two word domain to also comprise the complete logical search term.. for example, "holidaycollectibles"... you'd want to enter "holiday collectibles" as your search term as entering the terms separately would give you erroneous numbers.

If you're regging a word pair where the words are basically unrelated, as in "holidayairplane" ;), you'd still look up the word pair to see if there are any searches, and also each word individually for an overview. Unrelated word pairs or made up names don't do well because you have to optimize and promote more than a term that already gets searches.

In your example, you'd have to promote the keywords "crazy" and "crackers" together to attain a higher search rank. Crackers may get more hits but "crazy crackers" wouldn't get any unless you optimize for that word pair.

RaptorRex said:
When using overture,

If you have a 2 word domain name, is searching by just one of those words a valid technique for domain name analysis?

For example, "CrazyCrackers.tv" should conceivably get many hits just with searches on "Crackers"....I would conclude that that search has significance overture value. But does it really? or do you have to overture by all words in the name?

•••
Searching for one would be almost meaningless. If you have a name like "sillycomputers," just searching for "silly" or "computers" by themselves wouldn't reveal sany new information. You probably ca nguess that the word silly or computers are both searched a lot, but when combined, that is the important OVT result.

•••
I am googling "car insurance", "nascar clothes",and "pizza delivery". Most of the page 1 domain name results do not contain either of the keywords.

This is a list of how many domain names contain the search terms that appear in the results:
car insurance: 1 keyword in first page of results.
nascar clothes: 1 (nascar.com)
pizza delivery: 1 result had pizzadelivery, 3 other results just had "pizza"

I also checked that google had indexed "carinsurance.com", "nascarclothes.com", and "pizzadelivery.com".

I would guess page content and linking has more importance in searching. In another thread I talked about the importance just being able to remember a domain name and communicate it easily via offline media. example: happypuppy.com -> a video game site. The domain has nothing to do with gaming but I'll never forget that name. Branding is more important. And, preferrably a brand that actually relates to its topic -> like "flyforless.ca" - makes it easier to remember.

What I personally like about obvious domain names is I often just type them in and see if I get what I am looking for. It doesn't always work, in about 1997 I typed in "kiss.com" because the band was coming to town....but instead I got a website trying to hook me up with Russian brides. But sometimes I luck out and get just what I am looking for, like flowers.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back