Dynadot

question What does Some Results Have Been Removed mean on Bing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I don't know if you notice, but sometime when you do a search on Bing, at the bottom of the results it will say "Some results have been removed". I understand what that means, but WHAT results have been removed and why? The statement is clickable, but if I click the link it just takes me to a generic Bing help page that doesn't say anything. I've spent time searching for an answer but have come up with nothing.
Any Bing experts here? Does anyone know? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I realized I should give an example...
When I went back to bing and tried searching for what I thought I searched for before, I didn't get that message, but here's a search that will get it...
Search for "yellow banana boat muscle dude" (without quotes). OK, I know not a lot of people are looking for the "yellow banana boat muscle dude" but why would Bing say "Some results have been removed"... (is someone trying to manipulate the search results for that search? :) )
And there are more common and meaningful searches than this that end up with the same message. I'll post one if I see it. In the meantime, just try the above search and you'll see that message...

Thanks. I hope someone can answer this! :D

•••
[bump]
Anyone? Does anyone know?
BTW, this thread is now #1 on google for "yellow banana boat muscle dude", but does not show up on Bing, though when you search Bing for "yellow banana boat muscle dude" it still has that phrase at the bottom, "some results have been removed"
I guess this is one example of where google is faster at finding new content than bing....
Anyway, back to my original question though... does anyone know what "some results have been removed" means? Thanks!

•••
you would see the same on google search as well. there were more results but google or bing is not showing them due to the sites that were supposed to be shown on search result being banned, duplicate content, similar results, etc. sometimes people steal content from other sites and the original content owner file complaint under DMCA, such sites are also removed from search results

•••
I realized I should give an example...
When I went back to bing and tried searching for what I thought I searched for before, I didn't get that message, but here's a search that will get it...
Search for "yellow banana boat muscle dude" (without quotes). OK, I know not a lot of people are looking for the "yellow banana boat muscle dude" but why would Bing say "Some results have been removed"... (is someone trying to manipulate the search results for that search? :) )
And there are more common and meaningful searches than this that end up with the same message. I'll post one if I see it. In the meantime, just try the above search and you'll see that message...

Thanks. I hope someone can answer this! :D

I tried to search for this KW "yellow banana boat muscle dude" but did not got the message your mentioned. Can you tell us any other KW for which Bing shows this message?

Anyway: this message do not indicate any serious problem. Like the other poster said: most probably, this message means that some pages that were not good enough or were duplicate version of other sites, were removed from the results.

•••
I figured out the answer!

I tried to search for this KW "yellow banana boat muscle dude" but did not got the message your mentioned. Can you tell us any other KW for which Bing shows this message?

Anyway: this message do not indicate any serious problem. Like the other poster said: most probably, this message means that some pages that were not good enough or were duplicate version of other sites, were removed from the results.

Hi All,
I thought I'd just follow up on this post for the record since I figured out the answer. If you search for "yellow banana boat muscle dude" you will see this post ranks #1 on bing, but also at the bottom of the page it will say "some results have been removed". If you go up to the corner and click on "preferences" you will see that by default, adult content filter is set on. If you turn it off, "some results have been removed" will disappear!
So apparently there is a default "adult content" filter on bing that is filtering searches (without people knowing it), and some searches (like this one) trip the filter when one probably wouldn't expect it (those pesky banana boats! ;) )

:D

•••
I also encountered a similar problem.
I searched the website directly on bing site:sanpdf.com
Also appeared"some results have been removed".....
What the hell is going on?:xf.cry:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back