Dynadot

What does "Centralized Site Management" mean for domainers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I noticed today that JetPack from WordPress now includes centralized site management.

What does that mean for domainers?

I like building small niche sites with Wordpress and collect domains that work for that. The most painful problem with that strategy has been that WP updates about every 4 months and all the plugins use the same cycle. It doesn't take many sites before keeping everything current becomes a problem.

With centralized site management I should be able to manage all my sites from one dashboard and edit in bulk. That makes building more niche sites more attractive.

Niche sites are easy to rank. They don't get much traffic, but if you have cheap hosting, easy installs, & easy management they make affordable lead generators.

For some of you with large portfolios and limited development skills this might facilitate developing more of your domains.

I wonder if some of the market for exact match domains that went away with the fall of mini sites might not come back. For these kind of sites dot com seems very optional, which might help the market for those new extensions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back