IT.COM

What does "bump" mean?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maibravo

Established Member
Impact
Hey domainers. So newbie question. What's this "bump" people write under sale posts?
Also, I have a few domains I'm happy to try to sell. Assuming I know how to transfer them to a buyer, I am ready to just advertise them on here and hope for the best, yes?

Related:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Bump infinity means the domain is junk.

•••
Hey, forge said it right.
Go to the domains for sale and see how many have 2, 3 or even 4 pages of nothing but bumps!

•••
And then one day...Sold, the right buyer comes around and saw it because you bumped it.

•••
Sure, keep bumping.
If you believe that 3 pages of bumps brings finally a buyer.

•••
yes even buyer can appear after 10 pages of bump as well

•••
what means for UP in domain posts

•••
A thread in the forum will be pushed down over time when there is no new posts or views. Add a "Bump" or anything in the thread will bring the thread to the top of the search results.

•••
•••
"bump"ing this post for any newbie who is searching for its meaning :-D

•••
•••
It also means you have broken rule
1.14. Do not make noncontributory posts/threads or artificially inflate your post count ("post pad"):
  • Do not unnecessarily post multiple times in a single discussion in a short period of time, sometimes called instant messaging (instead, take your time before posting so that all relevant content can be grouped together within a minimum amount of posts). Exceptions are made where reasonable (e.g., edit time limits have passed or each reply is dedicated to a different member's post).
  • Only post comments and questions that are relevant to the topic and contribute to the discussion (e.g., posting a single word like "bump" is not contributory; instead, post a short question or unique comment to encourage new activity in a thread).:woot:

•••
•••
B.U.M.P.

Bring Up My Post :)
I love this quote from your page. It is so perfect!!!!

Dear Past, thank you for your lessons.
Dear Future, I'm ready.
Dear God, thank you for another chance.

Thanks again!

•••
as a domainer...the first sense maybe...what a nice 4 letter..then you may want use all tools to do a research regard it...

•••
Bumping posts can be used to bring them back to the top so that they get visited by the forum users.

As others have said there are other meanings too.

•••
Bump is an online slang term for the practice of posting filler comments to move a post to the top of a discussion thread, increasing a message or thread's status and visibility.

•••
Bump is useful only if your domain name is great...or else it is just a waste of time.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back