Dynadot

question What does a CHIP mean?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanielK

Established Member
Impact
I know it stands for Chinese premium, but I'm having trouble identifying domains as CHIPS or not. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Chips are usually short domains, that don't contain E,U,I,O,A,V or 0,4.
Chips that contain 6 and 8, and their combinations are considered more valuable.

•••
De facto it is just a bubble... no more.

Last edited:
•••
Chips are usually short domains, that don't contain E,U,I,O,A,V or 0,4.
Chips that contain 6 and 8, and their combinations are considered more valuable.
Ah, thanks for your help.
It is just a bubble... no more.
By that you mean people are paying a lot for them right now but you don't see that being true in the future?

•••
This game is over already, except LLLL.com

•••
This game is over already, except LLLL.com
But LLL.com are certainly still valuable right? Or do you mean that CHIPS aren't going for insane prices anymore.

•••
I mean all so-called CHIPs in all TLDs except .com
Game over.

•••
•••
For Chineses - Yes, they like repeating letters...

•••
For Chineses - Yes, they like repeating letters...
Thanks for your help, I have a few "CHIP" repeating LLL.com and I was wondering who I should try to sell to. 4.cn and ename look like the place to go so far.

•••
chips = CHInese PremiumS

Thanks for your help, I have a few "CHIP" repeating LLL.com and I was wondering who I should try to sell to. 4.cn and ename look like the place to go so far.

If you have LLL.com you're sitting on big bucks ( $$$$$ ).

•••
chips = CHInese PremiumS

If you have LLL.com you're sitting on big bucks ( $$$$$ ).
I have 6 right now. I honestly never knew they were worth so much until I started digging around in a few forums.

•••
I have 6 right now. I honestly never knew they were worth so much until I started digging around in a few forums.

Amazing! 6 LLL.com chips! You can easily earn 200k for all (or more, it's all about names).
Check namebio.com.
Have you bought them in the aftermarket or did you hand reg them in the late 90's?
Good luck.

•••
Amazing! 6 LLL.com chips! You can easily earn 200k for all (or more, it's all about names).
Check namebio.com.
Have you bought them in the aftermarket or did you hand reg them in the late 90's?
Good luck.
4 of them are CHIPS but yeah I am not sure if I want to sell yet though.

•••
Yes, 2 repeating letters are definitely more valuable. If you have a LLL.com with 3 repeating letters, be careful - price would increase sharply and those could be easily worth insane amounts of money.

•••
Yes, 2 repeating letters are definitely more valuable. If you have a LLL.com with 3 repeating letters, be careful - price would increase sharply and those could be easily worth insane amounts of money.
I wish, I have AAB.com for example.

•••
I come to here because I am the owner of chips.in:xf.smile: :xf.grin:

•••
•••
I wish, I have AAB.com for example.

Still great, like 50k+ if you wait a bit to find a motivated buyer. Brokers will get in line to represent you :)

•••
Still great, like 50k+ if you wait a bit to find a motivated buyer. Brokers will get in line to represent you :)
The letter isn't the most desirable though, that's why I never saw a lot of value in them. But it does qualify as a CHIP I guess.

•••
The letter isn't the most desirable though, that's why I never saw a lot of value in them. But it does qualify as a CHIP I guess.

Chinese have different preference for letters, they love most of those letters the Western culture does not use much, like Y and X. This is why nowadays all consonants (except V) do quite well.

•••
Chinese have different preference for letters, they love most of those letters the Western culture does not use much, like Y and X. This is why nowadays all consonants (except V) do quite well.
V isn't that good? I have a really cool one with V, damn.

•••
V is not for Chinese audience - they do not use this letter at all. So for this one you would have to find a Western buyer.

•••
V is not for Chinese audience - they do not use this letter at all. So for this one you would have to find a Western buyer.
What about Q?

•••
Chinese like Q. In fact, any consonant except V is CHIP.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back