Dynadot

What do you think, am I too sensible when DAN keeps ignoring my request to fix the GERMAN LP?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
what do you think, am I too sensible when DAN keeps ignoring my request to fix the GERMAN LP?

when I'm supplying the correct German version
to replace their gibberish at the German local Landing Page

and they keep on ignoring me
and refuse to correct the mistakes.

should I insist
or should I move on?

-all of you
-me
and DAN
will suffer from lost trust
when it comes to a german visitor for your domains at DAN

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.DE doesn't require any marketplaces.
Just use your own contact form and that's all.

•••
.DE doesn't require any marketplaces.
Just use your own contact form and that's all.

a german visitor will not only visit and eventually buy
.de domains
but any domain

and DAN will show them the localized version
having very strange German

Last edited:
•••
Their problems only.
Life without DAN was always possible in the past, and it is possible nowadays as well.

Last edited:
•••
is there a German / dutch feud that i don't know about ? seriously tho i don't think your suggestion was unreasonable some of dan replies on that thread were very unprofessional

Last edited:
•••
•••
@DAN.COM seldom posts outside their thread, but they need to know, lol.

Good luck, Frank.

Samer

•••
@DirkS i sensed some tension with a dutch friend of mine when i brought up germans i think the dutch think they are better correct me if I'm wrong

•••
@Samer this about to get interesting!!
I'm saying it right now if dan comes at me the same way they did frank I'm using the 'K' word idc

Last edited:
•••
what do you think, am I too sensible when DAN keeps ignoring my request to fix the GERMAN LP?

when I'm supplying the correct German version
to replace their gibberish at the German local Landing Page

and they keep on ignoring me
and refuse to correct the mistakes.

should I insist
or should I move on?

-all of you
-me
and DAN
It's always good to listen to customers and usually Dan.com does listen and I guess that their translator told them something like:' it's just another variant of spelling'. If you said it a few times, it should be enough, you are wasting your time and I have a feeling that they are not happy about hearing it over and over, so you have two options: either move away from them or from this issue.
At the end of the day, they are a company from Nederlands with a few other languages translated, so it could look like a genuine mistake for a german buyer( I've noticed over time bigger mistakes with bigger companies, so it's not a deal breaker)

Last edited:
•••
@DirkS i sensed some tension with a dutch friend of mine when i brought up germans i think the dutch think they are better correct me if I'm wrong

There are definitely people sensitive about this kind of stuff, mainly because of some cultural differences and probably because of our not so friendly past. People joke about the Germans, just like they probably joke about the Dutch. Kinda like the Brits vs the French I guess. Or the Brits vs Americans...

Real life, business etc. Not really an issue. Germany is a great trade partner. I like their Pünktlichkeit and precision. I may be biased thought as I spend a lot of time in Germany and have some German relatives.

Last edited:
•••
all fine and dandy

but this is about business
bad german hurts each and all of us and DAN

so they should be happy about feedback
and could use the fast fixes that I have supplied

so why not just fix it?

its a text
that could be finalized 5 minutes time

and then next
there could be a "professional translation agency" involved
and that could maybe take some time...

Last edited:
•••
this is about business

Agreed. That's why they should fix the translation asap. Improper grammar/translation makes them/us look like amateurs.

It should be on their agenda as these are known issues which do/will affect sales.

Maybe they actually want to involve a 'professional' translation agency. Truth is, these agencies hire people just like you, who know and understand the niche and are native speakers.

Sometimes it's not all that complicated but the bigger a company gets the more bureaucracy get in the way of getting things done, fast...

I hope they will resolve this soon as the DE/.de market is not to be underestimated.

•••
I hope they will resolve this soon as the DE/.de market is not to be underestimated.

.de used to be the second-largest market for domain sales in the world

no idea who f*d it up

•••
.de used to be the second-largest market for domain sales in the world

no idea who f*d it up

Probably the .co/.io cool kids club. Don't worry though.that's just a fad. ccTLDs will persevere. Don't get distracted by big sales in other extensions but recognise the value you hold.

•••
Frank, how long ago did you advise them?

In my experience working with big publishing companies, change requests go into a queue where they are considered, prioritised, actioned then published. Sometimes you can get lucky and reach a producer who is actually able to circumvent all of the above and fix the problem themselves. Otherwise it can be along drawn out process.

Last edited:
•••
Frank, how long ago did you advise them?

In my experience working with big publishing companies, change requests go into a queue where they are considered, prioritised, actioned then published. Sometimes you can get lucky and reach a producer who is actually able to circumvent all of the above and fix the problem themselves. Otherwise it can be along drawn out process.

.. should be fixed by now....

•••
Good that they finally fixed German version!

As a curiosity, I just checked Spanish version. Does not look professional. Even google translator could do better. I understood perfectly what they wanted to say, but... There are a few typos (such as Acepto les condiciones de uso de Dan.com - should be "las", not "les"). Mixed translations of "you" in different parts - as Tú and Usted - they both mean "you", but Tú is less formal. Some phrases are technically OK but.... not natural. Nobody speaks like this. It also appears that DAN tried to use Castilian Spanish (from Spain), there are some differencies in Latin America - let it so be. But, in contrast, GoDaddy developed different versions for Spain and Latin America!
No need to correct errors and/or change phrases. I'd say everything should be deleted and translated again, by a native Spanish speaker from Spain (to begin with).

P.S. Legal stuff is not translated. No German version. No Spanish version. Isn't it common sense requirement? How can Spanish- or German speaking person accept T&C if they are in English?

Last edited:
•••
-all of you
-me
and DAN

Thank you for posting this, and for flagging up the issue in the Dan.com thread.

I find this concerning and it makes me think I should point any .de domains back to Sedo. I'd prefer Dan.com as they offer payment in instalments - but that requires an even higher level of trust from the buyer, since Dan.com hold the domain until it is fully paid. Everyone these days is told to look out for imperfect language as the mark of a scam.

Dan.com develops fast, sometimes too fast, and is usually impressively responsive to user input, but sometimes they don't like criticism and sometimes communication with sellers collectively has not been complete enough.

I'd say an occasional post in the Dan.com official thread referring people back to your earlier posts or just citing a new example of poor translation is enough, and certainly justified - NP members and Dan.com can decide what to make of the facts you present.

•••
Good that they finally fixed German version!

not what I wanted to express
I wanted to say: there was enough time to fix it

they keep on ignoring

their last response to me was on July 23rd 2021

We do not implement every feedback you provide. I'm sorry if we gave you the impression that we do.

Last edited:
•••
You should let it go and enjoy the summer.

•••
they didn't announce it
but they made great improvements

upload_2021-9-8_11-14-24.png

•••
If you try and sensor your email in html by leaving spaces it might default to another language. Not familiar with it or what else is used on page but notice browsers do there best. IP i guess is out of control but not sure it will make a difference to parking.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back