IT.COM

question What do you think about repeated domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

most123

Established Member
Impact
repeated domains like

car car
phone phone
trade trade
forex forex

shop shop
camera camera

and these kind of domains
do you think they have value
how much value do you think they worth?

i see all of them are taken in so many extensions

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think only the very short cute have value, Like BabyBaby, GoGo, MomMom. I don't think serious words like forex have value repeated

•••
thank you shimmy
but i disagree with you
i dont think names like mommom or go go have much value even if they alone not repeated because they are not commercial words..dont think the owner of these sites will pay much to such words ...but trade and stock and car are very strong commercial words..may be thats why they are all taken

•••
•••
thank you teddy
it would be very nice if you own moneymoneymoney.com...

•••
•••
I think they have value.Maybe you can sell the repeated domains to Chinese client.Chinese like repeated domains.

•••
Something along the lines of GoGo or YesYes would be great for a brand. Though, not all words sound or look great when doubled. You have to choose wisely.

•••
99% worthless. You see them regged by amateurs who believe some poor soul will want them someday. Only a select few are worthy ie natural repetition common in spelling (bye bye, boo boo, yo-yo etc)

Stay away from these money-wasters.

•••
It takes away from the value of the domain when it has repeated keywords. EMD does not matter that much any more and I think this is how these domains started in the first place, to manipulate SERPS while it lasted....

•••
thank you guys
i agree with the opinions that said not all of them have value and not all of them worthless...

and i disagree with who said they are all or 99% worthless
if they are worthless then why they have high searches average??
not all of them of course...do you know that the name (pizza pizza)has 376,250 average monthly searches?
and 72000$ value in esipot site?also pizza piza .com is a big famous site and the name is taken in all extensions...

car car has 3,625 searches average per month

food food has 15,004 searches average per month

gold gold has 12,276 searches average per month

so that means there are repeated domains have real value and people are searching about them..not all of them of course because there are repeated names have no high search average and thats may because they have hard spelling or long word ...

thank you

•••
I guess a lot of people missed a thread I created for these type of Repeating Letters / Words domain sales.
Check here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/special-domain-sales-repeating-letters-words.882873/

Here, you will find all historical sales of these types. Hopefully, it will give you an insight into their valuations.

Something along the lines of GoGo or YesYes would be great for a brand. Though, not all words sound or look great when doubled. You have to choose wisely.

Saw that GoGo.com on Sedo shortly available for $10k about 50-60 days back.
By the time I decided on buying it after giving it a thought for a few hours, it was gone.
Guess some chinese bought it, it's a chinese website now.

•••
None of this is relevant.

Little Caesars made "pizza pizza" a known term. That explains why the term is well-known.

And estibot value is a noob-trap.Never ever NEVER rely on it/quote it.

thank you guys
and i disagree with who said they are all or 99% worthless
if they are worthless then why they have high searches average??
not all of them of course...do you know that the name (pizza pizza)has 376,250 average monthly searches?
and 72000$ value in esipot site?also pizza piza .com is a big famous site and the name is taken in all extensions...

•••
The gogo.com Sedo listing had to be pure bullpucky.

It has been a game site with same owner for many years. Look at Wayback Machine. The traffic on that site must be enormous.

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match - gogo
Monthly Searches: 6,200,000
Cost Per Click: $0.82 USD
Ad Competition: low
Data Age: Recent
Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [gogo]
Monthly Searches: 456,320
Cost Per Click: $2.10 USD
Ad Competition: low
Data Age: Recent

Last edited:
•••
archangel
i dont understand what you trying to say here(None of this is relevant.)
we are talking about repeated domains so i mentioned some examples like car car gold gold food food are they not relevant?!

and i never say rely on estibot i am talking about the search average

i think you maybe should read the thread of... gowebnames.com...thanks

•••
The gogo.com Sedo listing had to be pure bullpucky.

It has been a game site with same owner for many years. Look at Wayback Machine. The traffic on that site must be enormous.

Gosh, how did I even miss that part!! :)
Guess, you need to double check every Sedo listing on WHOIS and Waybackmachine and at the Domain before you think of hitting the BIN. Too many Fake listings there as well as on GoDaddy!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back