IT.COM

discuss What do you think about .HIV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hicklemr

Established Member
Impact
i was looking on the same day .rip came out as well as .hiv what do you think about these tld's

Is it worth buying

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What I think about those TLDs ? They spread like a disease :)

•••
•••
Not interested in investing for these kind of extensions.

•••
Great potential for companies and organizations that raise awareness of HIV.

So is it worth buying? Maybe. But I'll never register a domain name with that TLD and feed off huge amount of money from organizations that work day and night just to find cure for the disease.

On a lighter note, I might register bee.hiv if given a chance. :)

•••
•••
I'm invested pretty heavily in hiv

•••
•••
What do you think about .HIV?

I am not positive (pun intended) but I see it as a small scope extension.
The applications for this to the majority of the world will be limited. I personally know of no one within my circle(s) that this would pertain to.
Again, I think the scope is narrow unless you were able to pick up the top of the line key words, I would not go for it.

Just me.

•••
Without looking them up, I'm not sure what the purpose of them is. I can see little point for them and no value.

•••
Imho, funds ($185,000 or more) paid by the applicant to ICANN and received by ICANN, together with all related $$$ spent, should have been instead sent to one of various foundations that are trying to find a cure or are helping the people who live with HIV...

•••
The problem with HIV (besides it being a nasty disease) is that the only ones making money on it are pharmaceutical companies. It's not really something for the insurance business. Also some private health care providers might benefit from it, depending on where you live. Overall it's more of a non profit public awareness subject and the domain is in my eyes like .museum, .int, .edu etc. It's just way too irrelevant to any business. Might work for retroviral drugs or something catchy, but that's it IMO. No money to be made here, at least not in big numbers. Oh, and remember that big pharma is good on trademarks, which means they can anyway use their legal depts to use .com and ccTLDs, in case someone is squatting.

•••
I'm against this extension. It's very limited and not a pleasant subject unless it's a cure!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back