IT.COM

What do you set as your minimum offer for your higher valued domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
For higher valued domains and domains that you are wanting possibly more for (above $1000 to $50,000 plus)what do you set your minimum offer at assuming you have your landing/offer page set as make offer?

Obviously a higher minimum offer will filter out potential tire kickers etc but I just wanted to know from experienced domainers as to what sort of minimum offer you would put down if you know your domain is valued at say $5000 to $50000?

Can you also share your experiences of successful sales (no need to mention domain name) from where a say $500 minimum make offer has led to a larger sale?

Or should you set make offer as close to possible to your final acceptable price? Have you had success with this?

I'm mainly talking about higher valued domains from $1000 to $50,000 plus

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i don't set a minimum offer, most of my domains redirects to a simple contact form (see my signature).
i do get some really lame offers but i counter with my price and that's that.

i'm really bothered by some people "negotiations techniques" but a low initial offer is not that bad (is better than no offer at all).

not exactly high-end, but i received an inquiry from someone with "vonPiss" in the email handle and i was almost certain it is a joke but still counter it and ended up selling it for 1000 bucks. so you never know :)

•••
I go with no minimum offer... Just the other day I had a guy go from a $50 opening offer to $2k in 24 hours... JMHO, but as a strategy, I don't think you want to do anything to discourage potential buyers (And surprisingly, even a low minimum offer requirement will have this effect... ) And yes, this means you will have to deal with some incredible low-ballers, but once they know your price range they tend to disappear rather quickly... ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back