Dynadot

.me What do I need to know about .ME domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm thinking about jumping into an auction for a .ME domain, but I haven't looked into the extension much. Is there anything to worry about? Like how .TV renewal prices can vary by domain?

Thanks folks!
Dan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you can't jump into the auction all the sudden. unless you wasted like $100 per name to do it.

If so I am guessing by now you do have like 10 names already at a min.

•••
tech4 said:
you can't jump into the auction all the sudden. unless you wasted like $100 per name to do it.

If so I am guessing by now you do have like 10 names already at a min.

You have to pay $100 to be a part of an auction?

I'm want to bid on a name that's here: https://auctions.domain.me/

I don't even see how to create an account to do it...

Dan

•••
You can't create an account now. Those are landrush auctions that had two or more applicants during the landrush registration. Most people think .me are a waste of money.

•••
stone2020 said:
You can't create an account now. Those are landrush auctions that had two or more applicants during the landrush registration.

Oh well.

stone2020 said:
Most people think .me are a waste of money.

Domains are what you make of them. Start with something nice and brandable and you can make money.

•••

I am not specifically suggesting you should bid on these auctions (nor the opposite) but you might want to know that there are also the Premium Auctions which will start sometime in September

(the link can also be found via the domain.me site under the policies tab)

but , in general , I would suggest that you think a lot before you start bidding (overbidding ?) on these auctions since the extension has been hyped quite some and people have regged a lot of names that hold little value (check this thread)

Last edited:
•••
I passed up a few good generic .me domains because they didn't pass my personal test. Whenever I buy domains, I ask myself if I would develop them. If the answer is no, I don't invest in them.

It is just my personal preference, but I don't want to get caught paying renewals (especially .tv or .me priced renewals) on something I wouldn't personally develop.

•••
Slick Domains said:
I passed up a few good generic .me domains because they didn't pass my personal test. Whenever I buy domains, I ask myself if I would develop them. If the answer is no, I don't invest in them.

It is just my personal preference, but I don't want to get caught paying renewals (especially .tv or .me priced renewals) on something I wouldn't personally develop.

it's funny, because all of my .me purchases i have felt like developing, and have so already with about half of them.

that is well above my average compared with my .net, .info, .tv and .asia names (by a long shot). heck, i only develop out a tiny fraction of my .coms.

the extension is a good few years off of public knowledge sure. but having a good keyword and a catchy name does wonders for your enthusiasm!
;)

Last edited:
•••
What happens if a domain at auctions.domain.me closes with no bids? Is it made available for anyone to register?

Dan

•••
Auction Closes

Dan I believe that if the auction closes with out anyone bidding .me can do waht ever they like with it. IMO probally add it to the premium auction. The following is taken from http://www.domain.me/index.php?page=21
Incomplete Auctions

An Incomplete Auction is one in which no bids are received from invited bidders, or no validated payment is received from the winning bidders. In either event, .ME Registry reserves the right to determine the best course of action in each case, which may include, but is not limited to, any of the following:

1. Offer the name to the invited bidder with the next highest bid.

2. Declare the auction null and void and reschedule it, in which case .ME Registry may or may not invite the original participants and may or may not invite other bidders.

3. Place the name on the Premium Names list for later auction.

4. Release the name for general registration.

Hope this helps.

SiGa

•••
siga said:
Dan I believe that if the auction closes with out anyone bidding .me can do waht ever they like with it. IMO probally add it to the premium auction. The following is taken from http://www.domain.me/index.php?page=21

Hope this helps.

SiGa
It does help, thanks.

Do you know where the premium auctions are held? No one bid on the name and it doesn't appear even available.

Dan

•••
dan_Vt said:
It does help, thanks.

Do you know where the premium auctions are held? No one bid on the name and it doesn't appear even available.

Dan

Just 5 domains are left in the landrush auction pan. (https://auctions.domain.me). I think now there is a big test for .me in the secondary market. It is up to .me domainers if they want to park their domains and hope for the best or they really work hard to develop some excellent sites in order to maintain the popularity of .me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back