Dynadot

What are your favorite 5 domaining niches?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What are the favorite 5 niches you buy domains in?

When I started with domaining, I randomly went about buying domains. It is a lesson I learnt the hard way when not one sold, not even one offer.

I have now become more selective in registering domains. I started focusing on niche areas that I have knowledge about which helps me come up with better names. I have recently started receiving offers even on my new registrations, though not good offers yet.

As much as I am tempted to buy a domain name out of my few niche areas, I try to avoid and focus on my niches.

When I started, I did not have a strong idea on which to focus on. Maybe your responses will help other newbies and give then options.

Please mention if you focus on particular gtld, cctld, new gtld.

If possible, include how you decide which domains to buy, like trending topics, future tech, patents, etc.

It is understandable if you do not wish to post your best performing niches to avoid competition, so post any 5 or better post your competitors 5 best performing niches. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't have many niches. Many niches tend to limit the number of domains I can buy in each niche.

I mostly focus on

1) Cloud Tech ( Enterprise )
2) Health Care
3) Food Items
4) Home Appliances
5) Desktop Software.

I avoid trending topics and prefer established ones, that people/users want.
I focus on .com and have recently started with .IN and .UK cctlds.
I stay away new gtlds as I want to see how the market consolidates.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back