NameSilo

What are you listening to at the moment?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
this topic should be asked in any forum. :)

What are you listening to at the moment?

Right now I'm listening to

T.I. ft. Rihanna - Live your life

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
As his brother said "maybe Jeff Beck needs a drummer". I've got vivid memories of sneaking into my older brothers car to listen to the song below on his 8 track.

Bachman–Turner Overdrive Drummer Robbie Bachman Dead at 69​

ROBBIE BACHMAN, THE drummer for Bachman–Turner Overdrive who powered the band’s biggest hits including “You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet” and “Takin’ Care of Business,” has died. He was 69.

Randy Bachman, the drummer’s brother and bandmate, confirmed the news on Twitter Thursday night. “Another sad departure,” he wrote. “The pounding beat behind BTO, my little brother Robbie has joined Mum, Dad & brother Gary on the other side. Maybe Jeff Beck needs a drummer! He was an integral cog in our rock ‘n’ roll machine and we rocked the world together.” Further details surrounding Robbie’s death have not yet been revealed.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...mmer-robbie-bachman-dies-obituary-1234660488/

•••
Ronnie Kneivel, son of the great Evel Knievel, died yesterday. More childhood memories flood in...first of those building ramps for jumps on my bicycle (banana seated of course).

Then when I reached 14, my first dirt bike began making the jumps. Dozens of scars and broken bones as the result of both...good times I wish my body could relive.

Robbie Knievel, daredevil son of Evel Knievel, dies at 60​

Robbie Knievel, an American stunt performer who set records with daredevil motorcycle jumps following the tire tracks of his thrill-seeking father — including at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas in 1989 and a Grand Canyon chasm a decade later — has died in Nevada, his brother said. He was 60.

Robbie Knievel died early Friday at a hospice in Reno after battling pancreatic cancer, Kelly Knievel said.

“Daredevils don’t live easy lives,” Kelly Knievel told the Associated Press. “He was a great daredevil. People don’t really understand how scary it is what my brother did.”

As a boy, Robbie Knievel began on his bicycle to emulate his famous father, Evel Knievel, who died in 2007 in Clearwater, Fla.

But where Evel Knievel famously almost died from injuries when he crashed his Harley-Davidson during a jump over the Caesars Palace fountains in Las Vegas in 1967, Robbie completed the jump in 1989 using a specially designed Honda.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/r...evel-dies-at-60/ar-AA16k7Rk?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Last edited:
•••

Bachman–Turner Overdrive Drummer Robbie Bachman Dead at 69​

Luv the cowbells in that tune! BTO was a Canadian staple back in the 70's. Here's a nice set...

RIP Robbie 🫶

•••
Ronnie Kneivel, son of the great Evel Knievel, died yesterday. More childhood memories flood in...first of those building ramps for jumps on my bicycle (banana seated of course).

Then when I reached 14, my first dirt bike began making the jumps. Dozens of scars and broken bones as the result of both...good times I wish my body could relive.

Robbie Knievel, daredevil son of Evel Knievel, dies at 60​

Robbie Knievel, an American stunt performer who set records with daredevil motorcycle jumps following the tire tracks of his thrill-seeking father — including at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas in 1989 and a Grand Canyon chasm a decade later — has died in Nevada, his brother said. He was 60.

Robbie Knievel died early Friday at a hospice in Reno after battling pancreatic cancer, Kelly Knievel said.

“Daredevils don’t live easy lives,” Kelly Knievel told the Associated Press. “He was a great daredevil. People don’t really understand how scary it is what my brother did.”

As a boy, Robbie Knievel began on his bicycle to emulate his famous father, Evel Knievel, who died in 2007 in Clearwater, Fla.

But where Evel Knievel famously almost died from injuries when he crashed his Harley-Davidson during a jump over the Caesars Palace fountains in Las Vegas in 1967, Robbie completed the jump in 1989 using a specially designed Honda.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/r...evel-dies-at-60/ar-AA16k7Rk?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Luv the cowbells in that tune! BTO was a Canadian staple back in the 70's. Here's a nice set...

RIP Robbie 🫶
rip

•••
•••
Arguably one of the best rock albums of all time...

0:00 Black Dog 4:57 Rock and Roll 8:38 The Battle of Evermore 14:29 Stairway to Heaven 22:32 Misty Mountain Hop 27:11 Four Sticks 31:56 Going to California 35:28 When the Levee Breaks

Last edited:
•••
•••
Whatsa matta you...it's a not so bad, it's a nice a place

Last edited:
•••
another great one gone...

David Crosby, Byrds and Crosby, Stills & Nash Co-Founder, Dies at 81​

Singer-songwriter-guitarist David Crosby, a founding member of two popular and enormously influential ’60s rock units, the Byrds and Crosby, Stills & Nash (later Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young), has died, his representative says. He was 81 years old. A cause of death has not been revealed.

The death came as a surprise to those who followed his very active Twitter account, which he’d kept tweeting on as recently as Wednesday. One of Crosby’s final tweets the day before he died was to make a typically jocular comment about heaven: “I heard the place is overrated… cloudy.”

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/david-crosby-dead-dies-byrds-crosby-stills-nash-1235495467/

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
another great one gone...

David Crosby, Byrds and Crosby, Stills & Nash Co-Founder, Dies at 81​

Singer-songwriter-guitarist David Crosby, a founding member of two popular and enormously influential ’60s rock units, the Byrds and Crosby, Stills & Nash (later Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young), has died, his representative says. He was 81 years old. A cause of death has not been revealed.

The death came as a surprise to those who followed his very active Twitter account, which he’d kept tweeting on as recently as Wednesday. One of Crosby’s final tweets the day before he died was to make a typically jocular comment about heaven: “I heard the place is overrated… cloudy.”

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/david-crosby-dead-dies-byrds-crosby-stills-nash-1235495467/

RIP

•••
•••
•••
•••
I've had BTO on my music brain this week...amongst other things.

•••
56 years creating music...Ian makes me smile when he releases new music.

•••
The King's first TV appearance, timeless...

•••
From television to the metaverse...

The last track is my fav (@55:45) :headphone:

•••
Another moves on to assist in forming a band on the other side.

Tom Verlaine, Television Frontman and Punk Godfather, Dead at 73 'Following a Brief Illness'​

Tom Verlaine, the Television founding member and frontman, has died. He was 73.

The New York Times reported that the pioneering fixture of the 1970s New York City punk scene died Saturday in Manhattan "following a brief illness," according to Jesse Paris Smith, daughter of Verlaine's ex and frequent collaborator Patti Smith.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/new...a-brief-illness/ar-AA16QBMQ?OCID=ansmsnnews11

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back