Dynadot

What are you listening to at the moment?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
this topic should be asked in any forum. :)

What are you listening to at the moment?

Right now I'm listening to

T.I. ft. Rihanna - Live your life

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

Songs used in this mashup:
Abba - Eagle
Iron Maiden - Hallowed be Thy name
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Phil Spector (you can search online who that is), died 2 weeks ago. He's one of the most influencing people of pop music in from end of the 50's on.
Began (video from Louis Spector, his son) of the group he first played in
to know Him is to love him as vocalist of the Teddy Bears back then.

Well known for composing and arraging or co-arraging and writing songs for the Crystals, the Ronettes,the Righteous Brothers, Ike and Tina Turner,and an enormous amount of others. 18 Top 10 Singles (USA) written or produced by the 70ies !! Also Connie Francis
Also collaborations with the Beatles (Let it Be Album) and invididual Beatles (George Harrison and John Lennon) etc....
And also Leonard Cohen, the Ramones,etc....

(note : spent time in prison later because of murder sentenced for 19 years).

the Ronettes : Be my baby

the Crystals : Da doo Run Run

Righteous Brothers : You've lost that lovin' feeling.

Righteous Brothers : Also used by hundreds (or 1000's ?) of groups (used as the song for the movie "Ghost", with Patrick Swayze who died some years ago).

: River Deep Mountain High : Ike and Tina Turner

Last edited:
•••
I had to split this contribution about Phil Spector, because some videos didn't show up, or only as link....

Later the song River deep, Mountain High was sung by Tina Turner alone.(after split from Ike)

John Lennon Merry Christmas War is over.

George Harrison My Sweet Lord
Produced by Phil Spector and George Harrison Debuted 11/70 #1 Hot 100 (the original HIT STEREO MIX released on Apple 2995 when this was a HUGE hit on AM Top 40 radio stations in the fall and winter of '70-'71).
Christmas Album (Phil Spector written some songs, and arranged, produced,etc...)

The wrecking crew : Phil Spector

NOTE :
Phil Spector died in prison after being convicted in 2009 for the murder of Lana Clarkson.
Court TV recently aired the dying in their news and also gave lots of info of the trial and somebody interviewed told that he died from Covid 19 (source : youtube )

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks @Cannuck wonderful. I love the third one of crowd singing you posted for many reasons.

Here Lara Fabian (in French here, sings also English, Italian, Spanish, and some other languages).

Lara Fabian émue devant la surprise du public des Stars à domicile.

+ Je t'aime : Lara Fabian. Live

•••
•••
Thanks @Cannuck wonderful. I love the third one of crowd singing you posted for many reasons.

Live

I feel it's healing to hear the voices of the many singing in unison, even if by viewing remotely, and the feeling that is shared extends to being a part of it (especially during times of isolation).

•••
Thanks @koolishman I'll add them to one of my youtubechannels soon.
The last one is astonishing. This song was in fact not particular a christian song, but at a specific moment the song goes like this : "and sit a while with me" , but the christian community embraced the song and made lots of covers. The original song "You raise me up" is made by the group "Secret Garden" AND NOT JOSH GROBAN.
Here you have Secret Garden with the song.
or
(live)

The group Secret Garden won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1995 for Norway,
with the song "Nocturne". (although there was not much singing in that song, but the violin took most of the time back then, and in most of their tracks on their CD's.
Their performance on the songcontest.

A more recent performance of the same with (Norwegian subtitles).

They made several (especially instrumental CD's) .
I like for instance very much Passacaglia and Appassionata, 2 of their later comppositions.
I'll post also some christian songs soon in reply to you..

Last edited:
•••
Freddie was the master, of working the crowds, back in the days.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back