Dynadot

question What are the three point you consider before buying a brandable or keyword names?

NameSilo
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
what are the three or more points you consider before buying a brandable or keyword names?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what are the three point you consider before buying a brandable or keyword names?

Thanks

Three points? There may be more than 3 sometimes you just love the way it sounds. Brandables are very tricky. Some people thought fiverr was genius adding the r others thought it was stupid. I would say you want to decide do you want made up or keyword based brandable first.

•••
I like the way it sounds. Pronounceable. Innate feeling it can be ideal for someone.

In short it is subjective.

Last edited:
•••
Brandable:

- Short (4L-6L/7L max) and Some 2 words Domains. "others are exceptions"
- Easy to spell/read/pronounce (sometimes mispells works)
- Eye catching/ Attractive (should leave a good impression (1st impression could be a plus)

You asked for 3, but ofcourse there are many more. Do an in depth search on the forum and google, u will find answers :)

Last edited:
•••
3 syllables or less
alphabetical order of two words if compound
Never misspelling typo of regular (no extra e)

Last edited:
•••
1.Strong
2.Solid
3.Unbreakable

•••
1. Pronounceable & catchy.
2. Personally prefer 4L/5L only (no 6L & 7L) or keywords combination ( upto 2 maximum, length -10 Letters maximum)
3. Any other TLDs taken.
4. Majority vowels than consonants
5. Repetitive letters
6. Past sales with that pattern

Classic example- got this one today - Any criticism or thoughts are welcomed.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/your-reg-of-the-day.528260/page-1673#post-7724002

Last edited:
•••
I have several bits of OBJECTIVE info that I use to make what is in the end a SUBJECTIVE decision.
  • Number of letters
  • Easy to pronounce and spell
  • Estibot/GoDaddy valuations
  • Google search results
  • Age and history
  • Related names listed and/or sold on brandable marketplaces
  • CrunchBase
  • NameBio
For a fuller explanation you can read my blog article at DN Geek.

•••
I have several bits of OBJECTIVE info that I use to make what is in the end a SUBJECTIVE decision.
  • Number of letters
  • Easy to pronounce and spell
  • Estibot/GoDaddy valuations
  • Google search results
  • Age and history
  • Related names listed and/or sold on brandable marketplaces
  • CrunchBase
  • NameBio
For a fuller explanation you can read my blog article at DN Geek.

Priceless, Keith. Thanks!

You know "Brandable" most subjective niche.

Nice write-up, really narrows down focus

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Much more than 3 things to be considered here but some nice points of view allready shared here many times. I tend to lean most towards short names of 5 to 7 letters the most.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back