Dynadot

question What are the Things that make a domain good for parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Naytan

Impact
Hey pals, please list out the things I need to check out for in a domain for good parking monthly revenue...

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Parking is dead or at least that’s the thought.

I’ll @ the Parking master, @biggie.

Last edited:
•••
Parking isn't dead, but it's certainly not the best way to gain revenue from ads. You should develop your names if you want to receive long-term revenue from adverts. But if you absolutely have to park then here are some tips. An interesting stat from Kinsta "In 2020, there were over 260 million unique registered domain names across the internet, 70.06% of which are parked" https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/parked-domain/

1. Monthly search volume

Go for high monthly searches 20000 or above is a good general starting point. 100000 is better. You can still find two words combinations with 100000 monthly searches and the .com is available but it's very hard.

2. Historic back links
Try to secure names with a high number of historic backlinks, ideally from active sites where you are likely to get clicks. Backlinks from Wikipedia are great. Education and government backlinks are also good. Links buried on forum or links lists aren't visited so often and therefore not so powerful.

3. Developed names in other extensions
Look for .com names where as many extensions are developed as possible. This increases the likelihood of somebody who meant to visit spaceship3000.net accidently types in spaceship3000.com.

4. Commerciality of name
The keyword or keywords you choose have a gigantic impact on automated ad payouts. Insurance is worth $67.20 per click, hotel is worth $ 2.99 per click. Pencil is worth 47 cents per click.

5. Word popularity
Many people searching for domain names to buy target specific words with a strong past sales history. Try to use these words as it increases the likelihood of getting traffic and clicks from other domainers or people looking for domain names. CBD, hotel, insurance, game, dating.

6. Extension
For parking you should try to secure .com, but high backlinks from another extension outside U.S. and A. can also work, particularly in other countries (spaceship3000.fr in France).

•••
Niche and traffic i would guess

•••
redemo suggestions are perfect. So perfect that a lot of people is looking for the same domain and acquisition price is overestimated.
I prefer noneisnone suggestion: traffic in the niche. Less competition, less investment required.
You need time and experience: this means that you will loose money in the beginning.
I will suggest also ngTLDs. Less competition and more opportunities also with reg fee.

•••
@evil That's a good point. I'd not thought of ngtlds instead of cctlds. Would be perfect for high vol two-word names. Nice one mate.

•••
redemo suggestions are perfect. So perfect that a lot of people is looking for the same domain and acquisition price is overestimated.
I prefer noneisnone suggestion: traffic in the niche. Less competition, less investment required.
You need time and experience: this means that you will loose money in the beginning.
I will suggest also ngTLDs. Less competition and more opportunities also with reg fee.
Thanks man

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back