IT.COM

debate What are the best gTLDs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well the following link speaks for itself who the winner might be!

https://ntldstats.com/tld

.xyz is currently leading the track on the new gtld. Speculation/Bubble/Market potential, whatever it is, xyz is steadily climbing up in market adoption right now.

Other examples of domains-in-action through social media and apps include Lady Gaga, who has a social media network on Place.xyz, and Apple, who just introduced its iPad Pro and Pencil while demoing the tablet app, UMake.xyz. We also featured the Tinder-meets-politics app, Voter.xyz, in a gen.xyz blog postearlier today.

And hacktv.xyz where facebook officially linked their live session by mark.

These indirect branding/marketing would see the rising of this extension and has a very good chance atleast for resellers. No matter who wins, finally as domaineers, we should see the future coming and thats where we will make our $ .

No offense.. but it's way too simplistic to simply look at registration numbers. If that's the case then .TK would still be king of the CCTLDs. :)

•••
i see great potential in .site. that is generic enough.

•••
i see great potential in .site. that is generic enough.

Have you ever made or seen a reported sale in .SITE? I have not. I'd like to know more about this if you've done your research.

•••
I like .Business and .Global I can see how businesses might
like to offer their business clients extra services on a .Business domain and . Global is also a good long term bet.

•••
@TPVK

Not yet, i think it is still too early to evaluate the value of .site, which just came out July this year. Once Sedo estimated it to be the top 3 sought after new gTLDs.

.website started one year early, so it definitely has the advantage. .site is a threat to .website. so many people owning .website are a bit concerned about it.

however from a regular user's standpoint, they will probably prefer to type .site, or .web, rather than .website. Overall, it all depends on how the company marketing it.

•••
I like...

.guru
.shop
.app
.travel

And not much else.

If .shop gets the go ahead I'll be investing in those.

•••
These are the ones I like and expect to succeed and to ride the long term. In no particular order:

.Business
.Network (My personal favorite. Everything! is a network and/or will connect via)
.Club
.World
.Center
.News
.Global

•••
xyz is pretty hot now. saw one resale transaction from namebio:

808.xyz 150 USD 2015-08-06 NameJet

not so bad for 3 digits with 0 inside.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back