Dynadot

strategy What are the best domain name sales forms?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
If I want to buy a specific domain name the most useful landing page for me is a simple contact form. What are your most successful domain name sales contact forms you've used recently to sell your domain names? What are the most important fields to include? Cheers.

Sales form example 1 from Namesilo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To me the landing page is not as important as "Quality Name" and "Reputable Market Place" where the Buyer can trust.

•••
I like make offer or bin. “Contact” is overrated. Many do not want to actually talk thats why bin works in many cases. Nine times out of ten you don’t get a real name or real details unless the name sells. If you ask for a bunch of info up front that can discourage people. People inquiring about domains often value anonymity.

•••
To me the landing page is not as important as "Quality Name" and "Reputable Market Place" where the Buyer can trust.
I agree with both your points @johnn. I'm assuming it's a specific quality domain name (why would anyone want to buy a non-quality domain name? Sigh for them) you want to buy and it's listed on a reputable market place. What would be the best contact form on that domain name's landing page? Looking for some examples if you know of any good ones mate. Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
I like make offer or bin. “Contact” is overrated. Many do not want to actually talk thats why bin works in many cases. Nine times out of ten you don’t get a real name or real details unless the name sells. If you ask for a bunch of info up front that can discourage people. People inquiring about domains often value anonymity.
Nice one mate. Let's say you are making an offer on a domain name's landing page (you typed in the U.R.L. directly) what are the contact form examples that nail it? What I'm asking is for some examples of killer contact forms please. Or a good Namepros thread about it that I missed. Cheers @karmaco.

Last edited:
•••
Just name, email, phone number and some type of checking to make sure it's not bot or spam.

•••
Just name, email, phone number and some type of checking to make sure it's not bot or spam.
So you wouldn't include an opening bid/offer? That's interesting. If there's a landing page you've got to assume the domain name is for sale. So I'd be interested to make a bid and see what type of response I get. Otherwise what is the purpose of contacting the seller?

•••
•••
  • name
  • email
  • phone number
  • spam check
  • offer

Last edited:
•••
@johnn Would you just use a simple white background page and black text?

•••
Why not black background and white text?

I am done here for now. Need to go to sell names.

•••
Would you just use a simple white background page and black text?

You're overthinking this (and it's pointless, if you're ultimately selling through a marketplace).

All you need is a way for someone to easily:

a) Buy the name if it's BIN (link/button to marketplace or Escrow page)
b) Request info or make an offer if it's not priced

They can do that via a form, an email address or a phone number. Put all that you're happy with.

The fewer hoops, form boxes and other distractions to jump through the better.

Last edited:
•••
You're overthinking this (and it's pointless, if you're ultimately selling through a marketplace).

All you need is a way for someone to easily:

a) Buy the name if it's BIN (link/button to marketplace or Escrow page)
b) Request info or make an offer if it's not priced

They can do that via a form, an email address or a phone number. Put all that you're happy with.

The fewer hoops, form boxes and other distractions to jump through the better.
I agree with you on those wise points @Xiberia. Thinking v.s. overthinking is a fine line. I'm just interested to know of the domainers on Namepros who use contact forms on their landing pages which are the best formats to use? Like you, I like simple, and white background with black text boxes is about as simple as it gets. But I would also like to see some signs of life. So a picture would be nice. Also in the footer some trust links. I think (trying not to overthink!) that making it too barren will deter some buyers. I could be wrong.

•••
@kite26 posted a poll about the best lander forms " Which landers you suggest me to use? " https://www.namepros.com/threads/which-landers-you-suggest-me-to-use.1259684/ and I got some good ideas. They include Afternic ns1/ns2 landers, Afternic ns3/ns4 landers, Afternic ns5/ns6 landers, DAN's landers, Sedo's landers, Uniregistry's landers, Epik's landers, Alter's landers, self-made landers, other landers. Some other ones mentioned in comments were Sav landers (thanks @marijuanadomain), SWD landers (thanks @DuDD), Efty landers (thanks @MasterOfMyDomains), Godaddy landers (thanks @calizio). Some other good posts I found by @justsand " Which Dan lander setup is bringing you the most sales?" https://www.namepros.com/threads/which-dan-lander-setup-is-bringing-you-the-most-sales.1258716 and by @lknights1987 " Using Afternic Landers More Exposure Or Not? " https://www.namepros.com/threads/using-afternic-landers-more-exposure-or-not.1261368/.

•••
Also maybe it's best for a new thread but do you guys regularly check your lander forms actually work and that they work on all devices and for all languages? There's no point using a lander that doesn't function 100% right?

Last edited:
•••
@domainchampion suggests it's best to use " best offer " rather than " make offer " to get a higher price? Screenshot is from today's post " Sedo BIN + Best Offer lander " https://www.namepros.com/threads/sedo-bin-best-offer-lander.1261975/ about SEDO form landers.

1640529690087-png.206864

Last edited:
•••
Huge domains has best landers.
I would like to duplicate them
Www.ssmeta.com

•••
•••
Keep it simple as much as possible, I like Dan landers they are the most efficient.

•••
I think this lander is pretty good :D Plus it gets 5% commission from Dan.com, saves you 4% from using their landers.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 16.28.42.png

•••
Domain.io
Are you that desperate that you spam your services everywhere?

Last edited:
•••
okay, noted. Just thought I’d respond to a couple threads while I’m here, but I’ll chill

•••
•••
I came across one of your domains and landers just about an hour ago. First time I saw one. I liked the lander so much, I wrote down your domain and *ns
I know it is yours via domaintools screenshot, and here you are posting. Wonderful.
Do you have an official thread so you don't step on any toes?
Bit spammy as you should have said it was your platform your name was on, but no big deal imo :D
I think this lander is pretty good :D Plus it gets 5% commission from Dan.com, saves you 4% from using their landers.

Show attachment 206990

•••
•••
Back