Dynadot

What are good numbers for search results?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm confused over the significance of search results for Overture and Google.

I recently requested appraisals for AutoBodyRepair.biz and showed the results. Overture= 16,582, Google "auto body repair"= 508,000, "autobody repair"=9,260.
Are these good numbers?
I am aware of the names weaknesses: 1)the .biz ext and 2)the names length. However the OV results for "body repair" alone, w/o "auto", are significantly lower- 713, over 15,000 less subject searches being typed in.

This brings up a couple of questions:
1) If more searches are being performed for a longer phrase than a shorter equivalent, does the shorter name still have an a priori greater value than the longer term?
2) How much does the TLD effect the visibility of the name for search results by subject? If domain.biz, for instance, is well marketed and placed, what limitations would it have of getting towards the top of the search listings?

Also, have asked this question recently, w/ very little response:
3) What are considered good numbers for Overture and Google search results?

:-/ :-/ :?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Overture= 16,582 is very good.

When comparing overture results for different domains, I examine the top bid as well, and calculate the product of the two numbers. In the case of "auto body repair", this would be 16,582 * 0.40 = 6,632, which is an outstanding result in my experience.

•••
where did the 0.40 come from?

•••
•••
Great looking tool. Will have to work w/ it for awhile.

•••
the google results is just the occurance of a name.
Has nothing to do with traffic.

•••
Gotcha. When qualified w/ quotations ("example xyz") it's the exact phrase. If Google shows 500,000 results for "example xyz", then abc.com, xyz.com and all other url's that have links to that phrase or word, will be shown in the search results. If the Google results for "example xyz"shows high numbers, chances are that a name w/ those keywords is going to be a good name (at least better than a similar name w/ lower results ie examples xyz ). Have I got the main idea right? More info someone else has to add?

Last edited:
•••
I think that is it.
I think a lot of people get this wrong and mistake it for traffic.
I could type in "the" (without quotes) and get 5.4 billion results.
Doesnt mean there is a lot of people looking for "the".
Just an occurance/s of that word.

•••
Originally posted by identity_00
I could type in "the" (without quotes) and get 5.4 billion results.
Doesnt mean there is a lot of people looking for "the".
Just an occurance/s of that word.

:bingo: Google results need to be examined with some degree of common sense. google results for 'hosting' (52,000,000) vs. 'webhost' (555,000), for example, demonstrate the relative popularity of the terms. On the other hand, the google results for "the", "and", and "error" are meaningless.

•••
Exactly.. "hosting" term is greater than "webhost" term.
"the" , "and", "error" all are used all the time.

Here is special site I use..ssshhh dont tell anyone.
I use it for calculating better keyword traffic.
It displays wordtracker and overture side by side.

http://www.DigitalPoint/tools/suggestion/?keywords=yahoo

Shhhh...

•••
shhh ... very nice tool ... shhh B-)

•••
I b'marked it straight away.

•••
Moi aussi. TX identity_00. I'll, Shhh... keep it down.:talk::laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back