IT.COM

question What are fair reasonable monthly lease or installment plan prices?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
As someone who generally just goes with the flat out "pay me and get this domain" type scenario and with sales sucking lately. I have become more open to the idea of payment plans, either a lease where I get paid to rent out my domain or an installment plan.

What are you experiences with both of these? Depending on of course the quality of the domain. How do you decide what prices you want in monthly lease payments or installment plans?

What factors do you take into account if any?

Say your buy now price for a domain is $250,000? and generally overall your domain typically should be valued at that price and every expert agrees with you.

If the buyer does not want to buy your domain for $250,000 to make the idea of leasing the domain where they don't own the domain or paying in installments to own the domain eventually.

I guess this question is more for the leasing option since with installment plans it's pretty black and white. Just take the $250,000 and divide be however many months you want to stretch it out. But with the installment plans should you not charge the interest to make it a more appealing option? Or is it pretty standard to do so?

I'm asking this because it is typical for most buyers to be skiddish about a sum so large. So you have to be creative with the payment options you give to your buyer to just get the deal done.

So how would you attractively price a leasing plan for a $250,000 domain? or $100,000? or even a $50,000 domain?

Anyone with experieces in this area? Thanks in advance.

Edit. Lets throw in Lease to own options into this discussion as well.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi

it ain't rocket science

divide the price, by number of months or years it would take to pay balance, that both parties can agree on.
buyer can submit a down payment, if they wish to reduce balance.

imo....

•••
Venture.com

Have a look at what they do.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back