IT.COM

discuss Installment payments

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Started to offer installment plans on some of my domains at Dan.com. It just struck me that potentially, theoretically at least, that it could be possible to generate a healthy monthly income by offering this option to buyers.

Anyone an thoughts on this, has anyone found that installment plans have helped with sales of their domains that may not have sold so easily due to higher prices & what sort of monthly income have you manged to generate ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am in the midst of a payment plan right now and so far so good. It helps to have a known extra monthly revenue stream. I was hesitant to do so without a big down payment because we often hear of people not finishing the payments. But I discussed it at length with the buyer before I agreed. As long as they understand it is a lease until paid in full and no refunds will be issued its worth a shot. I would however make very certain the person is absolutely sure they want the name.

Last edited:
•••
Makes me want to list more with squadhelp, had 1 sale with monthly payments, only listed 2 domains there. I wish Afternic would implement this option instead of trying to talk me down every time. I would consider using monthly payments to buy a premium, I'm sure many developers would.

•••
Makes me want to list more with squadhelp, had 1 sale with monthly payments, only listed 2 domains there. I wish Afternic would implement this option instead of trying to talk me down every time. I would consider using monthly payments to buy a premium, I'm sure many developers would.
What do you mean, "try to talk you down"?

•••
The brokers there are always trying to get you to match buyers' budget, how dare they. lol
I think there have been more posts about afternic favoring buyers on here. Whenever i give out low pricing after a request they're always trying to talk you down further like there's an incentive for them. Maybe it's just me, I price fairly though and rarely end up selling at BIN/asking price.
I've recently put BIN on all my afternic domains, they still try to talk down the floor price sometimes.

Last edited:
•••
The brokers there are always trying to get you to match buyers' budget, how dare they. lol
I think there have been more posts about afternic favoring buyers on here. Whenever i give out low pricing after a request they're always trying to talk you down further like there's an incentive for them. Maybe it's just me, I price fairly though and rarely end up selling at BIN/asking price.
Wow, I have not experienced that myself. I recently got an email from Afternic about a name that had a $500 BIN. They said they were embarrassed to send me a prospect's $320 offer. My reply was that the name was underpriced and that they better buy it immediately before the price increases to $750. They got the buyer to pay the full $500 quickly. I was not bluffing and would have never accepted less than $750 if they had waiting and made an offer later.

•••
Don't want to take it off topic but things like this seem unprofessional and perhaps may be remedied with a payment plan. "I can try one more time. When speaking with him, it was for personal use for his kid, and I made several attempts to get him to your floor and he would not come up. Do you want to take $3000 if he wont come up to $3250, when I call him?" I then agree to lower price, haven't heard from broker or customer since last year.

•••
id actually prefer it over one lump sum, but thats just me. :)

•••
What is the lowest price Final Value that you list a buy it now on?
I just posted my first few domains on there and was curious about rather I should only offer that option on a domain minimal value of 1K or should l put it on domains that I am listing even for 300.00?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back