Domain Empire

What a shame!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why is it a shame? She got a great deal, and the seller was obviously happy enough to take the money.

•••
I agree...good price for nice LLL.com

•••
If I owned PDN / com it would have started at 50 g & no less. JMO

•••
If I owned PDN / com it would have started at 50 g & no less. JMO
Unfortunately, you don't own it, and never did. So, it's a shame to call this deal a shame. As long as both the seller and the buyer are satisfied, nothing else matters.

•••
One reason I prefer direct inquiries over anonymous Sedo inquiries as it most likely could have sold for more. As Shelby said though as long as the seller is happy with the price still not a bad day for them. Can kick yourself on one deal but ya usually make it up on other deals.

•••
It's like the others have said..The original owner isn't on here saying it's a shame, so I'd say he is probably happy with the sale. For all we know, maybe he picked it up for 10k a few years back..If so, I'd say he made a pretty nice ROI..

Noone can say for sure who it is contacting them with interest in a domain. Even if you were sending direct inquiries, do you know Paula Deans email? Do you think she was actually the one visiting Sedo and making a bid? Odds are, this person wouldn't have gotten 25k trying to email and sell the domain to end users themselves, and it was probably a PD associate or company she hired that actually scooped up the domain.

•••
My point is clear but being twisted within the replies. I agree with everyone too, low purchase by the PD team and if the seller is happy great.

Fact is I bet now the seller wished they would have sold this domain in a different manner, I may be wrong.

I'm merely pointing out this --- domain should have sold much higher for a .com, that to me is a shame regardless of PD. If you think it's a fair price fine but I personally think it wasn't. But again JMO that's all.

This isn't a debate, just an opinion with a news link included. :)

•••
Mad, it definitely could sell for more, but when? Maybe in 5-10 years... Sometimes it's better to take a lower offer now than waiting another 5-10 years for a 10%-50% higher offer. Money should work and earn another money.

Think about this, seller takes now 27k, buys another 2 LLL.com for 10k-13k, each and sells them in 2 years for 25k/each. So, in 2 years he can earn 50k already, instead of waiting for 35k-50k for 1 domain that will sell in 5 years.

•••
pdn.com sold for $12k in october 2007

In april 2008 it was listed here for a BIN price of 37,000 - highest reported offers received were for $22,500

Assuming october 2007 was the last actual sale of the domain, after nearly 7 years this is the result after different sedo commissions:
10% commission: $25110 = $13110 profit
15% commission: $23715 = $11715 profit
20% commission: $22320 = $10320 profit

The big question is - could the buyer have spent $12,000 on multiple domain names and doubled his profit over 7 years with those domains?

Or what could he have done with $22,500 if he had received it (with no commissions) back in 2008, instead of waiting another 6 years to make roughly the same amount of money by selling it at sedo?

•••
This isn't a debate, just an opinion with a news link included. :)
Heh, everyone has an opinion on something. Others just happen to share theirs on top (or below) of yours.

No seeming complaints, though, so I guess everyone's happy.

•••
•••
Tragedy indeed.

Most domainers aren't shrewd negotiators; hence the existence of DNS, Sedo, etc...

Or maybe they needed the liquidity. Domaining is partially an exercise in patience.

If it were me, $200k or hit the road. Paula absolutely got a great deal.

Profit is profit, but I think we all desire that high six figure sale that puts us over the top.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back