Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Welp...

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

blacktoned

Established Member
Impact
0
Well I get contacted over AIM from a guy name "lawnmoweru" and he requests me to slice and code a template for him. I agree to do so for $70 as it wasn't too advanced. I finish it up and request he send payment. The first clue I knew he wasn't looking to pay was that he said he won't pay for something he doesn't have. Although I have him contact information, screenshots and actual code itself he refused to pay. Me being desperate for money at the moment, I send the source before payment. He stated he would send the money that same day [Wednesday; 11/2] and I still have yet to receive. I also haven't seen him online. Think worst case scenario, I'm presuming he doesn't intend to pay. Is there anyone I can get paid? I have his IP tracked through cPanel and whatnot. If he doesn't pay by say the weekend, is all hope lost? Could I bring PayPal into this? Can I found out contact information via his IP?

I guess I was a bit in a hurry when I did this and didn't make it very formal at all. Didn't get his name, paypal addy or nothing. Senseless me. :(
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Well, if you know his NP name you could always send it to RJ or the admins to handle him. You won't get the money but he could be kicked out or heavily yelled at :)
 
0
•••
No PayPal help, you have no exchange of money and they can't force him/her to pay you.
IP address really isn't any use.
Chalk this up to a learning experience, and make sure you get paid up front next time, or have some sort of references in advance.
 
0
•••
you should always do 33/66 payments
 
0
•••
Unfortunately, you've learned a tough lesson... The trick now is to learn from this experience and never repeat it. If you do have his nick for NamePros and the AIM logs I'd report the individual to the staff here at NamePros and this could serve as a warning for others not to deal with this individual or at the very least to be very leary of him/her.
 
0
•••
you can also contact his domain registrar so they cancel his domain and his webhost to
 
0
•••
def1 said:
you can also contact his domain registrar so they cancel his domain and his webhost to

You can't "cancel" a domain :|
Contacting his web host is useless. He would just consider it spam and delete it.

I would say put this in as a learning experience. Next time ask for atleast 25% before doing any kind of a project.

iNod
 
0
•••
actually last time here at namepros someone took our watermarked images and we contacted the host and his site got taken down
 
0
•••
Well thanks for the advice guys, like I said, thankfully this wasn't much of a big project as it was only $70 and a basic template. I will be sure to get contact information, fraction of payment upfront, etc. before doing another project. Thanks guys.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back