Dynadot

Weird domain status

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BarryR

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I saw a domain that is not available at this time, but I want to contact the registar or owner in order to get it.
But I saw these statusses on the Whois record:

I looked it up, but I dont have an exact clue on whats going on.. can anybody tell me whats going on exactly?

Thanks so much

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en

ICANN said:
Client status codes are set by registrars. Some registrars automatically enact certain status codes when you register a domain name, while others do so when you request it. They appear when you run a Whois lookup for your domain.

clientDeleteProhibitedThis status code tells your domain's registry to reject requests to delete the domain.This status indicates that it is not possible to delete the domain name registration, which can prevent unauthorized deletions resulting from hijacking and/or fraud. If you do want to delete your domain, you must first contact your registrar and request that they remove this status code.
clientRenewProhibitedThis status code tells your domain's registry to reject requests to renew your domain. It is an uncommon status that is usually enacted during legal disputes or when your domain is subject to deletion.Often, this status indicates an issue with your domain that needs resolution. If so, you should contact your registrar to resolve the issue. If your domain does not have any issues, and you simply want to renew it, you must first contact your registrar and request that they remove this status code.
clientTransferProhibitedThis status code tells your domain's registry to reject requests to transfer the domain from your current registrar to another.This status indicates that it is not possible to transfer the domain name registration, which will help prevent unauthorized transfers resulting from hijacking and/or fraud. If you do want to transfer your domain, you must first contact your registrar and request that they remove this status code.
clientUpdateProhibitedThis status code tells your domain's registry to reject requests to update the domain.This domain name status indicates that it is not possible to update the domain, which can help prevent unauthorized updates resulting from fraud. If you do want to update your domain, you must first contact your registrar and request that they remove this status code.

So some are standard, like your domain is locked and cannot be transferred etc, and others could indicate an issue, although likely some (most?) registrars just add all those to prohibited when locked as a security mechanism.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back