Care.tv sold for $5000 on SEDO
Boom.tv sold for $2500 on Sedo

In other tv related names
tvonpc.com sold for $9000
SStv.com sold for $2900
EnjoyTv.com sold for $2738
TV3d.org sold for $1100

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Care.tv sold for $5000 on SEDO
Boom.tv sold for $2500 on Sedo

In other tv related names
tvonpc.com sold for $9000
SStv.com sold for $2900
EnjoyTv.com sold for $2738
TV3d.org sold for $1100

It it interesting that pretty much every week there is 1-3 .tv sales in dnjournal, that hasn't changed from a couple of years ago despite some people claiming a lot more sales are taking place.

There are alot more than this - this week! :)

•••
Sales under $1000 are not on DN Journal, some people don't report just like any other extension.

•••
Oh yeah, and I just saw that you wrote...this weeks reported sales at DN Journal...haha

Its getting so hard to keep up with all of these sales now.
it seems there has been one $xxxx reported everyday this week so far and its only Thursday!

•••
It it interesting that pretty much every week there is 1-3 .tv sales in dnjournal, that hasn't changed from a couple of years ago despite some people claiming a lot more sales are taking place.

Thanks for taking an information and purely factual post and adding your own opinionated crap, again.

If you actually respected people who dealt with .TV you'd actually HEAR more about the sales.

I believe the people that I like, that are positive towards me and others, help each other and create an environment where the .TV landscape is actually something that can be defined and sold comfortably to end users.

I'm going to refrain from the whole tagging nonsense and going back and forth because while I think the antics have no real impact on the overall adoption of an extension they don't serve any purpose. I don't expect anyone to change and go from a .TV hater to a .TV advocate. Or vice-versa. I actually think anyone who believes that they should do that has, as AC/DC would say, Big Balls.

You have your opinion. You're entitled to it. The bottom line is that your posts in here are basically attemping to belittle and the reputation of senior members of this forum.

These are people who have lots of positive reps and have provided lots of valuable information as well as a lot of experience in the .TV area. Most of that information, contrary to your posts, is not all about how .TV will be the be all and end all of the internet but how .TV is positioned nicely as a an extension that works well within the video/streaming/media niche. It's not as big as .com (everything) but it's a niche with plenty of successful end users. It's also a risk. It's also not at the end of the market that .com is.

Granted there is a primarily bullish opinion here but that's because this is a .TV subforum.

Your petty updates have so far had the effect of making us sink to the sad same standard of tagging and commenting and back and forth like adolescents. They also have the effect of making you look like, frankly, a giant tit.

I hope that you're proud of being a part of creating that environment - I'm sure ALL of your hundreds of domainer friends are thrilled.

You're perfectly entitled to whatever opinion you have. I understand your desire to educate the noobs to stop them from falling into the same trap as every one that has lost their shirt. I suggest that a better method of doing this would be to go away, formulate a set of coherent thoughts and put it up on SnoopsBlog so that we can all subscribe and take in your experience and evaluate it against everything else and make our own decisions. Perhaps if that's too much work create your own thread with your opinion.

You want to discuss how you think .TV is not any good? Why everyone is losing money? Create your own thread and take ownership of that thought or idea.

In a thread called "weekly sales report of .TV"... let it be that. I know I've ruined it here too but I think in the interest of the better good.

Any response phrased in a manner that is going to get a evoke a knee-jerk response back from me will fail. I'm over it.

You're a smart guy and you have valid opinions - use those skills to educate the noobs properly using whatever means you have at your disposal and save the incitement for another day. I think you'll find that life's better when you hang out with friends - or at least people that don't mind being with you.

No one I know has become a millionaire from .TV but plenty of people are experiencing a decent vibe, and many are experiencing a decent ROI. Most of the people would also be honest and tell you that the renewals in March on may be a burden. No one said domaining was easy. Some people are more invested than others...I'm not heavily invested so I'm quite happy where I am.

As far as end-users go. They are there. They will increase in number regardless of what anyone says. I don't believe that you are in a position to comment on this because I believe I recall reading that you dont' think that the 'end-user' contacting is a part of domaining you're interested in. It doesn't seem that making friends in this forum is something you're interested in either. Perhaps if you made more of an attempt to ingratiate yourself and make contacts of value you would find things easier and your success ratio of 80-20 would be even better. Maybe 80-20 is where you are happy.. it's your investment strategy and that is a working ratio. Good for you. Maybe teach that method rather than harping on what doesn't work in your mind.

I'm not even going to spend the time to review this post. It is what it is. Unedited. Truthful and likely primed to be deleted. For what it's worth? I hope you get to read it Snoop because whatever you think of me - I think that there's something here that you could take away and think about. Maybe its time we all grew up just a little.

For anyone else? I'm not a moderator, I'm not Sexy, I'm not a fan of JimmyJohnson but Nascar does suck and I'm unaware of anyone with a micropenis. If you don't like this post send me a PM. I will take it down.

The .TV landscape IS improving, has improved, and imho will continue to do so. Any talk otherwise is based on information that I don't have.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to anyone who made a sale this week!

:hearts:

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for taking an information and purely factual post and adding your own opinionated crap, again.

If you actually respected people who dealt with .TV you'd actually HEAR more about the sales.

I believe the people that I like, that are positive towards me and others, help each other and create an environment where the .TV landscape is actually something that can be defined and sold comfortably to end users.

I'm going to refrain from the whole tagging nonsense and going back and forth because while I think the antics have no real impact on the overall adoption of an extension they don't serve any purpose. I don't expect anyone to change and go from a .TV hater to a .TV advocate. Or vice-versa. I actually think anyone who believes that they should do that has, as AC/DC would say, Big Balls.

You have your opinion. You're entitled to it. The bottom line is that your posts in here are basically attemping to belittle and the reputation of senior members of this forum.

These are people who have lots of positive reps and have provided lots of valuable information as well as a lot of experience in the .TV area. Most of that information, contrary to your posts, is not all about how .TV will be the be all and end all of the internet but how .TV is positioned nicely as a an extension that works well within the video/streaming/media niche. It's not as big as .com (everything) but it's a niche with plenty of successful end users. It's also a risk. It's also not at the end of the market that .com is.

Granted there is a primarily bullish opinion here but that's because this is a .TV subforum.

Your petty updates have so far had the effect of making us sink to the sad same standard of tagging and commenting and back and forth like adolescents. They also have the effect of making you look like, frankly, a giant tit.

I hope that you're proud of being a part of creating that environment - I'm sure ALL of your hundreds of domainer friends are thrilled.

You're perfectly entitled to whatever opinion you have. I understand your desire to educate the noobs to stop them from falling into the same trap as every one that has lost their shirt. I suggest that a better method of doing this would be to go away, formulate a set of coherent thoughts and put it up on SnoopsBlog so that we can all subscribe and take in your experience and evaluate it against everything else and make our own decisions. Perhaps if that's too much work create your own thread with your opinion.

You want to discuss how you think .TV is not any good? Why everyone is losing money? Create your own thread and take ownership of that thought or idea.

In a thread called "weekly sales report of .TV"... let it be that. I know I've ruined it here too but I think in the interest of the better good.

Any response phrased in a manner that is going to get a evoke a knee-jerk response back from me will fail. I'm over it.

You're a smart guy and you have valid opinions - use those skills to educate the noobs properly using whatever means you have at your disposal and save the incitement for another day. I think you'll find that life's better when you hang out with friends - or at least people that don't mind being with you.

No one I know has become a millionaire from .TV but plenty of people are experiencing a decent vibe, and many are experiencing a decent ROI. Most of the people would also be honest and tell you that the renewals in March on may be a burden. No one said domaining was easy. Some people are more invested than others...I'm not heavily invested so I'm quite happy where I am.

As far as end-users go. They are there. They will increase in number regardless of what anyone says. I don't believe that you are in a position to comment on this because I believe I recall reading that you dont' think that the 'end-user' contacting is a part of domaining you're interested in. It doesn't seem that making friends in this forum is something you're interested in either. Perhaps if you made more of an attempt to ingratiate yourself and make contacts of value you would find things easier and your success ratio of 80-20 would be even better. Maybe 80-20 is where you are happy.. it's your investment strategy and that is a working ration. Good for you. Maybe teach that method rather than harping on what doesn't work in your mind.

I'm not even going to spend the time to review this post. It is what it is. Unedited. Truthful and likely primed to be deleted. For what it's worth? I hope you get to read it Snoop because whatever you think of me - I think that there's something here that you could take away and think about. Maybe its time we all grew up just a little.

For anyone else? I'm not a moderator, I'm not Sexy, I'm not a fan of JimmyJohnson but Nascar does suck and I'm unaware of anyone with a micropenis. If you don't like this post send me a PM. I will take it down.

The .TV landscape IS improving, has improved, and imho will continue to do so. Any talk otherwise is based on information that I don't have.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to anyone who made a sale this week!

:hearts:

Sorry but this is too good of a post

so...Nope, I wont let you take this post down now.
Its quoted in TheDotStop Forever quote bubble!

•••
The key fact is clear, the number of reported sales hasn't changed, there is no point talking about undisclosed sales or sales under $1000, that isn't new.

Defaultuser: whether people read a post is usually quite directly related to length, not sure many want to read an essay.

•••
That's not entirely true. Example, if in 2007 I was making 2 sales under $1000 a month say in the $400 to $800 range, and then in 2010-2011 I am making 7 sales a month in that range that is very key to my overall business.

Default Users post is quite spot on, you run your mouth in every thread, threads that are not opining or touting. They are threads of information or reported fact. So maybe you should learn to stay on topic. Again IMO

•••
Defaultuser: whether people read a post is usually quite directly related to length, not sure many want to read an essay.

You're welcome.

•••
•••
Great post Equity, pure facts which help us keep in touch with the trends. I maybe wrong but sure looks like meaningful LLLL.Tvs are picking up (Boom, care, pimp)

•••
•••
Six .tv sales reported, 4 of which are not in the .tv extension.
Interesting.

•••
Which is more evidence the TV domain namespace market has outgrown the confines of the .TV extension.

Perhaps the forum should grow with the times.

After all, a lot has changed in ten years, when .TV, as a ccTLD, predated the online TV market.

Six .tv sales reported, 4 of which are not in the .tv extension.
Interesting.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back