NameSilo

Web Hosting Blues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nile Hadwards

Account Closed
Impact
Web hosting blues are common things for those who run their own websites. You must have come across problems like the website going down, overloading problems and many more. Such hurdles at times can be very annoying, making you look for a new web hosting service provider. Here are some of the tips that you can keep in mind before selecting a web hosting service provider to keep the web hosting blues at bay.

*Check the Forums:Most web hosting providers have a forum or community for discussions. These forums make for great source of information where you can also interact with other clients and share your web hosting blues.
*Checkout the NetCraft:You can checkout NetCraft for information on the web hosting companies. NetCraft is a great place that offers tons of information about web hosts. It is all free.
*Call the Phone Number:Always make a call on the phone number that is listed for the web hosting company. All web hosting companies should be easily contactable.
*Test the speed: Before selecting a web hosting company, test its website load speed. There are a lot of variables that determine a websites load speed. These include size, whitespace, graphics, compression, etc.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Checkout the NetCraft:You can checkout NetCraft for information on the web hosting companies. NetCraft is a great place that offers tons of information about web hosts. It is all free.

What would you recommend to do for the end user if he or she will not be able to find web hosting company listed there?

•••
*Check the Forums:Most web hosting providers have a forum or community for discussions. These forums make for great source of information where you can also interact with other clients and share your web hosting blues.

Unfortunately this isn't true. I would say that fewer than 5% of web hosts have their own forum.

Jack

•••
I would say that fewer than 5% of web hosts have their own forum.

Even when they do, many don't run it properly - either spam is rampant, or responses never come, or they over censor the forum (i.e. critical posts almost always get removed).

Some hosts run their forums well though, and prospective customers can get valuable information from them.

•••
Even when they do, many don't run it properly - either spam is rampant, or responses never come, or they over censor the forum (i.e. critical posts almost always get removed).

Some hosts run their forums well though, and prospective customers can get valuable information from them.

That is not easy.. You know we have closed own forum due to lack of time

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back