Web Development

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

xix0106

Established Member
Impact
0
Hi Im pretty new to domaining and I was wondering how to go about finding sponsors and How I would contact them so that I could get them to sponsor my site? Im also wondering what would be the best hosting service to use to help me develop my site? Please help. I can't wait for your advice.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hello mate try Justhost or Hostgator , these are the best hosting providers .
 
0
•••
Thanks for the tip ill have to check them out. Any more advice?
 
0
•••
Try Just host its cheap and the bonuses that come with it are really great. If your new I would really suggest it because its really affordable and has everything you need so its a low risk.
 
0
•••
Don't bother looking for advertisers until you've got traffic. How much depends on the topic of the site. If you've really niched it down then it's possible to sell ad spots with only a few dozen regular visitors. Big advertisers dealing in broader topics may require traffic numbers that you won't have anytime soon, such as 500,000 impressions per month or even per week. You can sell monthly spots to smaller guys though.

It would probably be best to stick with affiliate programs for the time being. The affiliate network doesn't really matter. Everyone likes to say this or that network is great, but it actually comes down to the individual offer.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Hi Im pretty new to domaining and I was wondering how to go about finding sponsors and How I would contact them so that I could get them to sponsor my site? Im also wondering what would be the best hosting service to use to help me develop my site? Please help. I can't wait for your advice.

Not to offend you. Good Luck getting sponsors. A new site will not grow over night.

Anyhow use hawkhost they are a good place to start out at.
 
0
•••
Only buy month to month hosting for the start then maybe more to yearly once you feel confident that you'll continue web development. Also if your looking at hostgator there are loads of coupons online to save money.
 
0
•••
I think Godaddy is best for you.
 
0
•••
As others have stated, before you worry about sponsors, etc make a quality site offering good unique content and that should help get your traffic up. The hosting companies mentioned here are good ones to get you started - just don't try to go for the cheapest deal, and be wary of any host that offers 'unlimited' bandwidth, etc... generally that's a bad sign.
 
0
•••
Why is unlimited bandwidth a bad sign?
 
0
•••
Because 'unlimited' doesn't exist - there is always a limit to what you will be given and if you should know that up front, rather than finding out suddenly what that limit is. Responsible hosting companies do not offer unlimited plans.
 
0
•••
Wow thanks for the advice everyone
 
0
•••
I agree with the others, you'll most likely wont find any sponsors until your sites grow.

If you are looking for advertisers though, then you can always place affiliate ads on your sites ;) CJ.com is a good place to find ads, however, to begin with you should probably just use google adsense until your traffic grows.

And there is no unlimited hosting. Read the terms of service and you'll always find a limitation, such a as a limited number of inodes or a resource limit such as you can't use more than 25% off the server resources for more than 90 seconds.

You can find some good deals at web hosting talk, but to begin with I'd suggest you go with Hostgator. They got great support, fair prices, extremely reliable, and they don't terminate your account as soon as you go over the resource limits as many other hosts do.

Later on when your site grows I suggest you get VPS or dedicated hosting from hosts like KnownHost or Future Hosting who are well respected in the hosting community.

Good luck with your site :)
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back