Domain Empire

poll Web Design/SEO service offers. Spam? I'm officially ranting.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you responded to email marketing for any reason?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, I needed the service.

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

cmdomains

Established Member
Impact
Why oh why for the life of me do I always get these? I only have a few domains and in about more than half of my registrations I get these offers on my email. Some of them end up in junk, some actually make it straight to my inbox - and today I just saw three different email addresses with seemingly legitimate offers (just cause they're well written) from India only to find similar contact ID for a chat/messenger app.

I understand email marketing is a tool everyone must use. But come on, 3 email addresses but same contact ID?

Maybe I have to read my registrar's policy about my personal info being used for marketing. I might have missed that. But still.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, famous Indian spammers.

•••
I get these all the time. Sometimes it's web designers, sometimes its developers looking for outsourcing opportunities and sometimes it's small hosting companies.

•••
Heck, I continue getting these spam emails on domains I no longer own!
But the good thing is, they go to my junk box.
The bad thing is, I have to go through my junk box for any legit email that ended up there by mistake.

•••
I have replied to a limited few and never had a response :) :( @iowadawg - You can't blame the spam for having to go through your spam box for legitimate emails :)

•••
I just blame the spam for being spam!

•••
:) Without the spam you'd only have legitimate emails in your spam box :)

•••
And that would be okay by me.

•••
Way back when, I only knew of spam meat. Internet really changed everything.

•••
Yeah, famous Indian spammers.

@cloudguy Apologies from India.

But trust me its hell out here as well.

I am a forex trader and I get spam mails from every country be it US,UK,CYPRUS,SWITZERLAND, who want me to trade forex through their companies. Forget mails, their outbound team even call me every fortnight for the same.
Apart from that you may have heard of male enhancement pills, body building formulas, money making system, earn $10,000 everyday, MLM, all with a payment link and verified UK US addresses.

Infact, I would say that India is far behind in spamming.

So if you are already fed-up of a few web-designers spamming you, pray to god that India never enters the above businesses.

•••
•••
^LMAO my anthem of the day: spam spam spam spam spam!

•••
Way back when, I only knew of spam meat. Internet really changed everything.
Lucky you! I never tried spam meat, but getting spam delivered to my mailbox daily. And that's working account. The one I use for signups is real hard to dig through, since all spam-like letters populate inbox.

•••
^Been trying to manage and organize my folders and now I have a folder for these spam-like but legitmate looking offers cause I'm planning on developing websites. Will have to see how my memory can hold they're even there.

•••
Why oh why for the life of me do I always get these? I only have a few domains and in about more than half of my registrations I get these offers on my email. Some of them end up in junk, some actually make it straight to my inbox - and today I just saw three different email addresses with seemingly legitimate offers (just cause they're well written) from India only to find similar contact ID for a chat/messenger app.

I understand email marketing is a tool everyone must use. But come on, 3 email addresses but same contact ID?

Maybe I have to read my registrar's policy about my personal info being used for marketing. I might have missed that. But still.

If Lao Tzu were alive today, he would most likely offer a proverb, which might go like this:

"In the year 2015, one should not get upset about SPAM."

Because SPAM has been around for decades, and the best way to deal with it is to just IGNORE IT.

Seriously. Do you think that by coming here and complaining about it you're going to change anything? That's not just a rhetorical question. I want to know if you really believe that this post is going to have any effect on spamming in general?

Do you think that by letting the world know how much you hate spam you're actually going to reduce the amount of SPAM that goes around?

If the answer is "no", then my question is, what was the real purpose of this post?

•••
To RANT....did you not read the title?

•••
I see my post is moved even though it's to do with domains, hand reg domains and what happens after. The poll also asks those who receive offers by email marketing, it's not asking website developers who usually send offers. But ok.

Just that, in my understanding, Development Discussion board is for those who need and offer web design service. I'd edit title but looks late now.

Last edited:
•••
If Lao Tzu were alive today, he would most likely offer a proverb, which might go like this:

"In the year 2015, one should not get upset about SPAM."

Because SPAM has been around for decades, and the best way to deal with it is to just IGNORE IT.

Seriously. Do you think that by coming here and complaining about it you're going to change anything? That's not just a rhetorical question. I want to know if you really believe that this post is going to have any effect on spamming in general?

Do you think that by letting the world know how much you hate spam you're actually going to reduce the amount of SPAM that goes around?

If the answer is "no", then my question is, what was the real purpose of this post?

If the answer is No, that's all the answer to it. You're imagination amuses me.

And 'Seriously' if I answered all your questions, I might get too literal, fairly logical and reasonable that your deep thoughts be JUST THOUGHTS. I wouldn't want to shatter that.
Btw, did Lao Tzu spoke of PROJECTION?

•••
Searched for this thread out of curiosity and also because I fancied a rant myself. When I first started domaining in 2012 i never got any unsolicited web design offers/spam of this nature. Now I'm inundated!

I also received a phonecall from a London company two days ago offering to develop one of my domain names (my weakest if you ask me) and what plans I had for it. (I'm in N Ireland) Since then I have received 2 missed calls with US phone numbers (+1 code) and a "555-NNNN" number, which i thought were just used in films but there ya go.

Maybe paying the extra few dollars to hide your WHOIS details would be worth it.

•••
•••
•••
These emails really hurt the industry as a whole. For those of us that make a living with organic search consulting, it sucks to have to spend the first half of a meeting or call explaining to a potential client why you are not the same as the companies that spam them continually.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back